Acevado on the NRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acevado on the NRA

Does this include his officers that murdered a woman and her husband?

What a POS. Use the death of one of your officers to attack our rights. Real classy.

https://abc13.com/chief-acevedo-begs...-laws/5741772/

Not sure I can even read this. He is definitely a POS.

Comment

Have a buddy who has been with HPD for 22 years and he and a lot of other officers are not happy with this. Time and place for everything.

Comment

Yeah I saw his "rant" a few minutes ago, he was so concerned for his officer and family that he had to make some partisan political statement!

Comment

Not cool.

Comment

I don’t disagree with everything he’s saying but time and place and that wasn’t it.

Comment

First of all let the family have some time before you leverage a fallen officer to support your non-Texan views on 2A. That behavior shows you what he’s really about.

He was in Austin as the chief before HPD. Left the department with major leadership deficiencies. He was at California Highway Patrol before Austin. He sued CHP when he didn’t get their top job.

I smell a run for higher office. Displaying “outrage” is a typical libtard way of virtue signaling.

He’s a threat to many rights not just 2A. He proved that in Austin.

Comment

Well, was about to post about him, but this was at the top of the feed. What a dip "white tip on top of chicken poop" you know what..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

He was already a POS when he was in Austin. I see he hasn't changed.

Comment

He is Nancy Pelosi in a police chief Halloween costume....nothing new here

Comment

POS ALL the way. Can't stand him.

Comment

I don't see the problem with his statement
                        He never said he was anti 2a
                        He said he does not want abusive domestic partners tobe able to possess firearms so that they can then murder or harm their counterparts or even off LEO that try to intervene with them.

But that is a slippery slope

Should a person lose their gun rights because a scorned lover files a (bogus) dv case against them?
                        Happens all the time with restraining orders.

Maybe she was fearing for her life that he would "reach for his waistband"?

Comment

a million ways for that scumbag to get a gun.......

Avevedo is just another POS in a long line of POS in that dept....

The entire city govt of Houston is a mess...starting with OGG

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            I don't see the problem with his statement
                            He never said he was anti 2a
                            He said he does not want abusive domestic partners tobe able to possess firearms so that they can then murder or harm their counterparts or even off LEO that try to intervene with them.

But that is a slippery slope

Should a person lose their gun rights because a scorned lover files a (bogus) dv case against them?
                            Happens all the time with restraining orders.

Maybe she was fearing for her life that he would "reach for his waistband"?
                            There is already a law in place that takes firearms rights away from persons accused or convicted of domestic abuse. It is called the Lautenberg act.

This was a soapbox that cop was on with a agenda.

Comment

He's a politician and nothing more. Maybe if he spent more time taking care of his own department and enforcing all the guns laws we already have, things would get better. But we all know just how much politicians care about the "issues" they harp on, right up until they get elected to a higher office...

Comment

Working...
                              X