No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did send an email yesterday afternoon that contained the compartment map and some info about the orientation/ compartment selection schedule.

Nothing very interesting. Lol

Comment

Anybody know what kind of cell service is there. I have Verizon.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        Anybody know what kind of cell service is there. I have Verizon.

I know at&t works. Verizon does work just don’t think signal is as strong but it works

Comment

Cell service is bad down there. Least it is for Sprint. I've had to climb a youth blind to get service before to call HQ.

Comment

For those who have been out there, the gate to the campgrounds marked? I mean is there a sign on the highway saying such? I'm gonna be hauling my buddies travel trailer. I would hate to pass it, then have to try to turn around.

Comment

About 8 miles west of Artesia Wells, you will see where the low fence on highway turns to high fence for Chaparral. Then just a little ways past that you will see the marker for campground and gate into the area. The next gate to the west is the main headquarters.

Our Verizon phones worked, but barely. Text works the best, and if you were on the hills to the west, you could call pretty good. I don't think we ever did get a picture to send.

Comment

For those who have been out there, the gate to the campgrounds marked? I mean is there a sign on the highway saying such? I'm gonna be hauling my buddies travel trailer. I would hate to pass it, then have to try to turn around.

There’s 2 different gates for camping. The first gate you’ll come too is tent camping then you’ll go a couple hundred yards farther and will come up to RV/travel trailer campground. And they’re marked so shouldn’t be hard to see

Comment

How many shower stalls are there?

Comment

How many shower stalls are there?
                    there are 2 separate bathroom/shower rooms in same little building.

Comment

I bet with a few people it will be hard to get a shower in. May just get one in mid day.

Comment

You folks hunting the first archery got your gear prepped and staged?

Comment

I’m about 80% on equipment and clothing. Bow, arrows and broadheads are dialed in.

Looking forward to the Chaparral, only took us 19 years to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                            Not yet. I am still in East Tx hunting my place. Decided to sleep in this morning, let this rain pass, then hunt this evening and Sun morning. Then head home, stop on the way and pick up a travel trailer. When I get home, I'll load up the truck and trailer. Finish up Mon morning and roll out. Figure to arrive before dark and get RV set up

Originally posted by bowpro12 View Post
                            I’m about 80% on equipment and clothing. Bow, arrows and broadheads are dialed in.

Looking forward to the Chaparral, only took us 19 years to draw.
                            Guess I should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time. This was just the 2nd time I ever applied for there. Can't wait to get this hunt started. Never hunted deer in this terrain. Gonna be a lot different from what I'm used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                              I am planning to go on standby and had things pretty well lined out till...my son comes home from college and says oh yeah, the truck is not running good, something about cylinder 5 misfire.

Dang...Thursday morning I go to auto zone and have it scanned. cam shaft sensor is bad and # 5 cylinder misfire. I get the sensor and a coil(coil over plug in his truck).

change them out and it runs pretty good. Friday we go hunting and come back today and the truck runs like crap. New coil(old one didn't seem to fit snug).
                              truck still does not run like it should...so I am gonna run him up to school(5 hours one way) and then load my truck up ...frustrating but you do what ya gotta do.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                I am planning to go on standby and had things pretty well lined out till...my son comes home from college and says oh yeah, the truck is not running good, something about cylinder 5 misfire.

Dang...Thursday morning I go to auto zone and have it scanned. cam shaft sensor is bad and # 5 cylinder misfire. I get the sensor and a coil(coil over plug in his truck).

change them out and it runs pretty good. Friday we go hunting and come back today and the truck runs like crap. New coil(old one didn't seem to fit snug).
                                truck still does not run like it should...so I am gonna run him up to school(5 hours one way) and then load my truck up ...frustrating but you do what ya gotta do.
                                I had a camshaft sensor problem and had to go with OEM to get it right. Parts house CSS did not work.

Good luck to y'all.

Comment

Working...
                                X