Sightmark wraith vs ATN pro 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sightmark wraith vs ATN pro 4K

Alright guys a few of y’all asked for this and it’s not scientific by any means but here is my redneck review of the two optics.

Overall in my opinion both scopes are good and probably can’t go wrong either way but they do definitely have pros and cons. Both the optics have a lot of similarities share many of the same features.

Sightmark wraith 4-32x50

Pros:

clarity between the two day and night usage the clarity of the wraith is by far superior.

Menu layout seems to be more user friendly IMO

Size the wraith is definitely a much more compact optic length wise.

Feel: the wraith IMO feels a bit more robust and perhaps feels like it’s made better.

Many reticle styles and colors

Full color day mode.

Cons: weight! It’s a heavy optic
    The zoom compared to the ATN is not as nice IMO it’s clear but only doubles as where the zoom on the ATN is more like a traditional rifle scope.

No sound recording which isn’t a huge deal but it’s a nice feature.

The IR is not as powerful as the ATN however it’s not bad by any means.

The main thing is battery life flat out sucks compared to the ATN I ended up adding an external pack which cost more and adds weight.

Overall it’s great and seems durable. I was still able to shoot .5” groups with it mounted to my 6.5 grendel during the day.

ATN 3-14x50 pro 4K
    PROS
    Light weight
    The way it zooms is more traditional like a normal rifle scope
    Battery life is awesome
    Very powerful IR.
    The video recording is absolutely just like you see through the scope where the wraith doesn’t playback the way you see it on an external player IE iPhone.
    Cons:
    With our limited use of the optic we found if it’s bumped around even while walking it will freeze the scope forcing you to do a hard restart.

Feels “cheap” to me.

Size the scope is about twice as long as the wraith but a bit lighter.

The menu system is not as set up as well as the wraith is.

When the optic is zoomed in its definitely not as clear as the wraith. While sighting the rifles in at 105yards I could easily spot my hits using the wraith.

Over all I believe they are both very capable optics and both work well. I don’t believe there is a perfect choice but I guess the deciding factor in purchase would be what would you rather have a few more features or a better sight picture looking through the optic. I’m sure others can add to my short list.

I will say both will kill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	24600440Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24600439Click image for larger version

Name:	E6CF6E8F-A703-4836-B79F-8B1CA9597DF5.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	24600438Click image for larger version

Name:	D4185422-D94D-42B2-BC38-CCA55312491E.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24600437Click image for larger version

Name:	B1786FF8-EADF-476C-A2BC-BFBEDD07C0E8.jpg
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	24600436

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my wraith works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been using the Wraith on my AirForce Texan SS .457 for pigs. Been a great set up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
          Been using the Wraith on my AirForce Texan SS .457 for pigs. Been a great set up for me.
          Nice how far can you shoot with that?

Comment

When it’s dusk and dawn out it’s hard to see the feeder I switch my Wraith to IR and it works w/o the IR Illuminator.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Nice how far can you shoot with that?
              Sighted in at 50 yards, but most of my shots are 35-40 yards at night. I don’t like tracking day or night, so I head shoot only.

Comment

D

Comment

Working...
                X