Another processor to cross off my list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
    Just got my bill from the little place in Snook, 372.00!!!!!!

Did that include gold fleck on the steaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Praseks. If I have time I debone hams and shoulders and trim backstraps. If I debone it cost me less than $60/deer. That’s just cutlets and hamburger. They vacuum seal and it keeps for several years. Sausage and jerky are super pricey so I rarely have that done. You can buy it off the shelf for nearly the same price.

Comment

I’m 3 something on the bucks I get done and around $750 for a Nilgai.

Comment

Another processor to cross off my list

Try getting a 192lb buck into all sausage [emoji23]

Or about 125lbs of sausage...

Comment

What did you have done for that price?

Comment

LoL two doe done completely in Jalapeño and Cheese sausage. Had the backstrap tenderized and cut into steaks.

Comment

Well I haven’t shot a deer this year so there’s that... haha

Comment

High dollar handling fees.

Comment

wow, think I saw a similar thread way back when even I joined tbh & took heed on the whole diy regarding deer meat vs the proce$$or.

Guess even ole timers still can't see over the fence for some reason whatever that may be...

Comment

I was lucky enough to have professional butchers and game processors in my family when I was growing up. I've been helping, and learning how to do it since I was a kid. I have my own Proccessing facilities and have been doing my own, and others for over 30 years. I know exactly what's in my food. There are way too many stories of getting other peoples deer mixed with your own. Especially if you're getting smoked sausages done. Someone already mentioned it, but if they weigh your deer when you drop it off. Take it back and leave! 100% guaranteed it's going to be mixed up with others, and you will get your weight in meat back from the mix.

Comment

Last processor I used was Bellville years ago, and for the price I paid, I could've built a smoker, bought a decent grinder, and supplies to make my own sausage---which is what I did the following year.

Comment

Processing deer ain’t cheap. You pay for the labor of you not having to do the work, own the equipment, pay the light bills, property taxes, etc.

Time is worth $. Some value it in different ways.

Comment

Processed my own for quite a while when I had plenty of time. Cutting steaks and making burger isn’t all that difficult, and I actually enjoyed it. Now that time is scarce I’ve had my last 3-4 deer processed at Belleville.

Their basic processing fee is $75 for a quartered deer, which isn’t bad, but I always end up adding more items. The first buck I took in a couple years ago I had link sausage and summer sausage made. Everything was really good, but the bill was around $450!! After that trip I’ve done mainly ground/steaks to keep the cost down, even took in my own cheap brisket last time for them to mix in. I did have some jerky made that came out great, but was $8 per lb!

Thought about doing it myself again, but with the baby, a full time job and getting my second masters I just don’t have the time. The time value of money will have me dropping deer off for a while.

Comment

I was thinking **** I’m glad I do everything myself but when you consider the time it takes to debone and trim, cube and slice steaks, grind or tenderize, package and then clean up everything, I don’t think I would agree to do someone else’s deer for $30-$40/hour. Now I may take more time trimming than a processor.

Comment

how much you charge to take the meat off a skull ??

Comment

Working...
                                X