Swarovski SLC vs. EL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swarovski SLC vs. EL

Is it worth the extra money to buy the EL’s? Been putting some back for a while to buy a good pair of glass and want to make the right purchase. 10x42’s.

ELs are the just about the best binos out there, I have 12x50 ELs and good lawd they are amazing. If you have the extra cash you wont be sorry but SLCs are awesome binos too

Comment

I love my EL!

Comment

I have had the slc 10 x 42s for 10 years now. Without a doubt the best purchase of hunting equipment I have made.

Comment

Interesting you are asking this. Was just telling someone this weekend that I’m a little disappointed in my new 15x56 slcs. The Els are much more sharp to my eyes. It sounds like that can vary from person to person. I have a couple pairs of the 10x42 el’s and absolutely love them. I would go down and look through both sets and see what your eyes like. Awesome glass and even better customer service for sure. Good luck sir!

Comment

Great thread, as I was pondering the same thing. I just can't come to terms with dropping nearly 3k on binos.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say YES! Several years ago I pondered the same question. I elected to buy the SLC. I was never completely satisfied and ended up selling the SLC and purchasing the EL. To me it was the weight, feel, and sharpness of the glass. I've had the 10x42 EL's now for a number of years and have been thoroughly satisfied.

Comment

A couple of our guys have the 15 x 56 els. They love them and I loved them too. I thought they were to big and bulky for my liking. Thats another thing to consider is the size.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I love my EL’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

12x50 ELs here -- nothing can compare.

If you aren't hunting out west a bunch then I think the 10x42 EL is the best hands down all around bino. If you keep your eyes peeled on forums and online you can find some good deals on them because they just changed the body style last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        I have had the slc 10 x 42s for 10 years now. Without a doubt the best purchase of hunting equipment I have made.
                        Same. Sure to cause an eyegasm. If I could afford the ELs I am sure they are just that much better!

Comment

If 10s are all you want then buy the el, I’ve had the 15x56 SLC and wouldn’t trade them. But you asked about 10s so the ELs are the better glass in that range

Comment

I was looking at the ELs and ended up getting Leica 10x42 Ultravids , but I'd get the EL ocer the SLC

Comment

Good info. I do like the feel of the ELs better for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X