Good deer processor in North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MLank View Post
    For Dan's in Weatherford......... does he make the whole thing into jerky? What's the cost/lb? I just don't see anything about wild game on his site that lists prices and such.
    I guess if that’s what you want you can get it all in jerky...might be a bit expensive though lol..if I remember right $5-6 lb. You can call them and they’ll give you a run down on the prices..I haven’t been by there yet this year. The jap n cheese German sausage is to die for..

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
      I guess if that’s what you want you can get it all in jerky...might be a bit expensive though lol..if I remember right $5-6 lb. You can call them and they’ll give you a run down on the prices..I haven’t been by there yet this year. The jap n cheese German sausage is to die for..

100%!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ccr is good quality but I have questioned the amount I got back. One or two deer must have been part elk, others apparently shrunk after drop off.

Ymmv

Comment

Was a lot of sausage, hamburger patties, meat balls, slim Jim’s. Only about 4lbs left ground.

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
          Price seems high unless you had a jerky and stuff like that made. If it was steaks and hamburger meat only it seems over priced.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
            Kuby's Wildgame Processing
            I always used Kubys when I was in Big D.

Comment

My cousin has his own processing place in Poolville. He does a great job, is honest as they come and you get YOUR deer 100%. Give him a shot. Dry Creek Wild Game Processing

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                Whitaker’s in Iowa Park near witchita falls. Jalipino bacon burger is killer.
                Agree- always make the drive up to take at least one deer there, turn the whole thing into jap bacon burger!

Comment

Cinnamon creek and kubys

Comment

Originally posted by TxLonghorn View Post
                    Ccr is good quality but I have questioned the amount I got back. One or two deer must have been part elk, others apparently shrunk after drop off.

Ymmv
                    This. I've never understood the way they go about placing your order when you drop off a deer. They just take the deer without weighing it and ask how many pounds you want if your ordering different sausages. It's not a big deal when you ask for steaks or cutlets, but people don't know how far their deer is going to go based on the weight. It was the same when I dropped of two hog hindquarters to be made into sausage. The lady just said how much do you want. That's not how that's supposed to work. They should be weighing it and telling me exactly how much I can order. Either I'm getting short changed or someone else is, or they are ending up with extra meat for when they have cook outs.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                      This. I've never understood the way they go about placing your order when you drop off a deer. They just take the deer without weighing it and ask how many pounds you want if your ordering different sausages. It's not a big deal when you ask for steaks or cutlets, but people don't know how far their deer is going to go based on the weight. It was the same when I dropped of two hog hindquarters to be made into sausage. The lady just said how much do you want. That's not how that's supposed to work. They should be weighing it and telling me exactly how much I can order. Either I'm getting short changed or someone else is, or they are ending up with extra meat for when they have cook outs.
                      Most places ADD domestic pork to their sausage grinds. This is accounted for in the price.

Comment

I like Bluebonnet in Trenton. They always do a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by D12 View Post
                          Hunters Choice in Sanger
                          Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          This. Best breakfast sausage around. It's much further than my regular processor but will make the trip just for the breakfast sausage.. and they are fast!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by TexasBowtech View Post
                          Got to go with hunters choice.
                          Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          x2
                          Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                          Hunter's Choice in Sanger has the best spicy breakfast sausage I've ever had
                          I've used many mentioned above and I have to say Hunters Choice is by far my favorite! Its a family run operation and Brodie and Kelsey are great people!

Stay away from Koots in Krum. That guy is a jackwagon, he severely screwed up my order and over charged me.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Which processor up here makes the best tamales? The other thread has me craving some!

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
                              Rendon meats in burleson. $75 for a deer quartered. Got my axis and 10 pounds of snack sticks the other week and it was $117.
                              x2

Comment

Wild Country Game in Lindsay!!! Your deer in, your deer when you pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X