350 Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

350 Legend

Anyone using the new 350 Legend cartridge this season? Curious to see what it'll do on deer and hogs.

Haven’t used it but curious to hear how people like it. I heard the ballistics aren’t great (similar to 30-30) and is primarily for those states that require straight wall ammo.

Comment

Maybe compare it to a 35 Rem or 357 mag, no since in dragging down the mighty 30-30 there Pard !

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        Maybe compare it to a 35 Rem or 357 mag, no since in dragging down the mighty 30-30 there Pard !

I’m not dragging down the 30-30. Love that round. Hunted with it this past weekend. I just don’t think the ballistics, especially at longer ranges, matches up with other rounds.

Comment

I built a AR 15 in the caliber. It's not a 35 Remington power level, but pretty close. More on the level of a 357 maximum. It's not a real powerhouse, but should get the job done inside of 200 yards.

Comment

I shot a deer with mine this weekend he went about 20 yards and fell over backwards the 350 is a very lethal round. I shot him at about 160 yards and it blew right through both shoulders.

Comment

I built me one in an AR platform. Love shooting the thing, but have not tried it on deer or pigs yet. Every time I head the to woods I grab a bolt action, just old school I guess. I'm sure I will get a shot a pigs with it once deer season ends.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                I’m not dragging down the 30-30. Love that round. Hunted with it this past weekend. I just don’t think the ballistics, especially at longer ranges, matches up with other rounds.
                Oh I know, all in fun. I’m just a staunch supporter of the 30-30 for anything under 2,500 fps. I know the 30-30 Hornady and 125gr Federal factory loads are right at 2,500 fps in the right barrel. Both are easy 300 yard loads in the 30-30.

Comment

My son was there during the initial testing on live animals and he said it hammered the hogs!

Comment

Originally posted by Cstat_hunter View Post
                    I shot a deer with mine this weekend he went about 20 yards and fell over backwards the 350 is a very lethal round. I shot him at about 160 yards and it blew right through both shoulders.
                    Good to hear. The 350 fits in what I'm looking for in a hunting cartridge. Minimal recoil, distance to 200, versatility in using a bolt action or AR, cheaper cost of ammo. I have a 6.5 grendel but sometimes it's hard to find in a big box store and the price of SST's can get pricey. Not completely sold on picking up another cartridge yet but wanting to see results from real people and not gun magazine experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaq View Post
                      Good to hear. The 350 fits in what I'm looking for in a hunting cartridge. Minimal recoil, distance to 200, versatility in using a bolt action or AR, cheaper cost of ammo. I have a 6.5 grendel but sometimes it's hard to find in a big box store and the price of SST's can get pricey. Not completely sold on picking up another cartridge yet but wanting to see results from real people and not gun magazine experts.
                      I just built one in an AR platform and so far I have been very pleased. Its has hammered the 3 pigs I’ve shot. I really don’t see the negativity in the this round. People are all about the 300 blk but the 350 legend beats it in almost every category. For a 200 yard and in gun that can shoot subs and sling a 150 grain bullet it’s solid.

Comment

Working...
                      X