Shooting With An Astigmatism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting With An Astigmatism?

Hey guys I’ve got a question for you shooters with an astigmatism. Mine recently got bad enough that I started to wear glasses daily and I noticed over the years it’s gotten harder to see and shoot. I put a verifier in last year, I forget which one currently, and it did clear up my pins some but when I just did a little target practice I noticed the dots on the target almost blend together.

Anyone have any experience with this issue and have any suggestions?

I can not wear glasses with mine, but contacts clear it up completely.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
      Same here. I wear contacts and never wear glasses outside of the house. I don't think I could shoot a bow with glasses.

Comment

yep...contacts are the way to go. I can shoot with both eyes open again after I got my contacts

Comment

I can’t do contacts. After about 3 hours I am ready to scratch my eyes out.

Comment

You can also try a different power verifier. I believe I have them all, aging is hell but better than the alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
              You can also try a different power verifier. I believe I have them all, aging is hell but better than the alternative.
              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                This right here...only thing that helps me too.

Comment

Yeah I think I’m going to go locate one of those testers again and see if I can find another verifier. Wondering if I need a clarifier versus verifier. Thanks for the responses guys!

Maybe I’ll just go get lasik!!!

Comment

I've had an astigmatism most of my life and wear glasses but it doesn't affect my shooting. Bifocals have a little but I can still hit what I aim at.

Comment

my astigmatism was so slight that i never could get perfect clarity with any contact lens or glasses. every 3-6 months i would try a different brand with and without correction or no correction for the astigmatism. i got lasik done about 12yrs ago and problem solved. still 20/20 in each eye and 20/15 combined.

Comment

If you are like most people, you will find that contacts allow you to see the target and the pins more clearly than glasses. The reason for this is that, the way that most people anchor, your head is turned slightly away from the target. This means that you can't look through your glasses through the middle of the lens. Rather, you are looking through the edge of the lens, which distorts the image. With contacts, you naturally rotate your eyes toward the target, and there is no distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                          my astigmatism was so slight that i never could get perfect clarity with any contact lens or glasses. every 3-6 months i would try a different brand with and without correction or no correction for the astigmatism. i got lasik done about 12yrs ago and problem solved. still 20/20 in each eye and 20/15 combined.
                          Lasik here too. What a difference it made!

I went to our site sponsor, Mann Eye. Dr. Mann made a HUGE difference in my eyesight. *IF* you do decide to explore that option, you will seriously wonder why you waited so long to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            I can’t do contacts. After about 3 hours I am ready to scratch my eyes out.
                            There are a bazillion different brands now. It took me at least ten different manufacturers to find the right ones for my eyes. I wear dailies now and will never look back.

Comment

Another vote for lasik, and if you think astigmatism messes with your sight picture, just wait until cataracts show up! Getting old sucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X