No announcement yet.

At least 9 members of American family killed in Mexico ambush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I have got out of this so far skimming across after a couple beers is a white dude who is notorious for starting tbh rant threads visitied Mexico and had a good experience.

Comment

At least 9 members of American family killed in Mexico ambush

Originally posted by Man View Post
      All I have got out of this so far skimming across after a couple beers is a white dude who is notorious for starting tbh rant threads visitied Mexico and had a good experience.

That’s what I’ve been tryin to say [emoji2323]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The entire country is jacked up. They worship the cartel. The cartel does more for the people than their own government. They write songs about these thugs. "Beto Quintinilla" like folk story legends. I swear I had a entire crew of them working land rigs in South Texas. Mexican citizens with duel citizenship. They speak of cartel leaders and their actions like we talk about JJ Watt.

Comment

"Stop calling me stupid you stupid sheep"

Strawman not only failed but was weak AF.

Comment

Rinse wash repeat.. over and over and over. Why defend any of your decisions to someone on the internet? I am amazed the Mexico guys spend so much time defending it yet mums the word on anywhere they hunt state side. I would be curious to know much the price per acre has dropped in the last 10 years. I wish it was closer because o would love to give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              Why? Because I hold up a mirror when folks want to slam foreign govt for having the same lax attitude that our govt has?

Fact remains is that hundreds of ppl have been killed in ambush style mass murders over the last two years and what has the USA govt done about it?

Same thing that Mexico has done...
              You are mistaking lone mentally ill gunmen with enforcers of an organized crime syndicate. Vastly different.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had no issues, and enjoy South of the Border. Will continue to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I had a few good experiences in Acuna when I was 16 years old but that was a long long time before the cartels. I'm talking early 1960's. I crossed over with my whole $35 paycheck and still made it back to Crane, Tx where we lived with money left over to last me until the next Friday. Coffee/tea was .05 cents and hamburger with fries was .35 cents. Chicken fried steak ala carte $1.10.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                    Rinse wash repeat.. over and over and over. Why defend any of your decisions to someone on the internet? I am amazed the Mexico guys spend so much time defending it yet mums the word on anywhere they hunt state side. I would be curious to know much the price per acre has dropped in the last 10 years. I wish it was closer because o would love to give it a go.
                    Land for sale and lease is increasing unfortunately. Especially along the river, or say within 20 miles of it. It dipped down pretty good around '08 when Pena got kidnapped with a hunter. The hunter was let go almost immediately....

Since about '12 or so it's been increasing.

Comment

I'm 16 years in straight, made it through the "war" as the locals called it in '08 through around '10 or so. Probably the only reason I stayed during that time is we literally had a military checkpoint at our back gate or I would have skipped a year or 2....

But you're correct it's like beating a dead horse, they think we're crazy, we think we're in paradise... and I'm only sad when I cross the bridge to go home... not the other way around. But they sure as hell ain't changing my mind, and we're not asking them to cross, who the hell wants more competition?

I sure like hunting thousands of acres with a couple of buddies, deer get old and nasty.... nothing like it. If it cost me a beer a 2 to my " vecino's " so be it. I've never once feared for my life, not even close.....

I don't do anything stupid and mind my business. I've made sure the locals know who I am.... ALL the locals. To each their own..... VIVA!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        I don’t defend mexico i defend the notion that just cause one mans not scared makes him stupid.
                        I am going to Cuba at the end of November. Have been a few times before.

I am not scared of the country or who lives there, in fact that is one of the reasons I want to go. I am scared that I dont really have a viable, poop hit the fan plan. Phones dont really work, I cant ATM money, I dont speak great Spanish, so if I am in a, afraid for my life situation it is probably too late. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is one of the big issues in Mexico. What is your plan if something goes wrong?
                        Last edited by batmaninja; 11-08-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

threadjack alert

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

I am not scared of the country or who lives there, in fact that is one of the reasons I want to go. I am scared that I dont really have a viable, poop hit the fan plan. Phones dont really work, I cant ATM money, I dont speak great Spanish, so if I am in a, afraid for my life situation it is probably too late. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is one of the big issues in Mexico. What is your plan if something goes wrong?

Ummm Walk back to the border it’s 20 miles i can see America... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Goctha, so you arent really hunting in old mexico

I am really not trying to pile it on. But I think you can see the irony in your sense of security.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

Something goes wrong how? Medical? Bad guys?

1. Mexico has a 911 just like us.
                                2. My phone ( TMobile) has service over 90 percent of Mexico in my area.
                                3. I have a Military checkpoint less than 4 miles from me.
                                4. The border bridge is 25 min away ( truck ) or I could walk 4 miles and be at the river's edge.
                                5. I know my neighboring ranches, the owners and hunters most of which are gringos. ( Hunters )
                                6. My Debit Card/ Credit Card works just fine in Mexico, you might get Pesos instead of Dollars. There are several machines that will only give dollars. Also notify your bank you'll be in Mexico so if they see a transaction they won't shut your card down.
                                7. Learn some Spanish. At least a few nouns. If you're gonna play in Mexico it helps to communicate.

Comment

Working...
                                X