No announcement yet.

Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's absolutely crazy the things that happen sometimes. We had the typical guys that would show up with bags from Walmart full of hunting stuff, everything from camo clothes, knives, saws, the latest gadgets and gizmos..... We would just laugh. I would always gut the customers deer, I had one insist he wanted to do his own one time and I said "Ok, no problem". He made a small incision with a knife, then pulled out a folding saw and went to hacking.... It was the first time I had seen a deer gutted with a folding saw. And I mean just ripping thru everything. I wish Iphones had been around back in the day to get videos of all this.
    Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread and take it off course.
    We had our share of screw ups also. But it's a low fence ranch so everything is native genetics.
    I did have one customer lie to me that he left something in the blind and needed to run get it. It was after dark and everyone was eating, I agreed to let him go, when he came back I looked in the back of his jeep and there was a knobbing buck in the back of it under a coat. I pulled the customer out and asked him ***??? He said he thought it was a doe when it came out and when he got down to it and figured out it wasn't he was afraid he would get in trouble... needless to say he left after he ate and never came back...

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
      It just keeps getting better. He brought an AR15 and FMJ’s for his son to hunt with. He started drinking beer right after breakfast. I woke up from a nap to him shooting a 22 pistol in the front yard. This is after I told him he had lost his firearm handling privileges. When I lost it on him he again pouted, put away the .22 and busted out a set of throwing knives and started trying to stick them in a mesquite trunk.

He defrosted an axis ham in my sink and helped himself to my smoker and stack of perfectly seasoned wood. This wasn't for us, just for him to take home for his family to eat all week.

When I bring up the hole in the wall, he justifies it by recounting all the AD’s he had been around while hunting. One of which was him shooting a hole in his own roof.

He also freely adjusts the thermostat to his liking.

Can’t stand the guy.

NEVER AGAIN!

Not sure why folks as guests have this sense of "do what you want". ANYTIME you are a GUEST you should ALWAYS ask to do ANYTHING. You are a GUEST and dont EVER ***-U-ME anything is ok to do without asking. Some people just do what they want and make themselves "at home". I dont get it??? Following the rules are most important and other than being obvious safety reasons are put in place for a reason.

Comment

We have been a guest for years on private land and there are some rules that are a little extreme in my opinion and my dad doesnt agree with them but I was trying to explain that there are folks that do stupid stuff so the rules are in place to minimize those mistakes. The land owner doesnt want you to leave the stand for any reason without his supervision especially to track a deer. Cant guess why this rule is in place......lol........we respect those rules because we are GUESTS on his property even if they seem ridicules.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Shoot View Post
          It's absolutely crazy the things that happen sometimes. We had the typical guys that would show up with bags from Walmart full of hunting stuff, everything from camo clothes, knives, saws, the latest gadgets and gizmos..... We would just laugh. I would always gut the customers deer, I had one insist he wanted to do his own one time and I said "Ok, no problem". He made a small incision with a knife, then pulled out a folding saw and went to hacking.... It was the first time I had seen a deer gutted with a folding saw. And I mean just ripping thru everything. I wish Iphones had been around back in the day to get videos of all this.
          Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread and take it off course.
          We had our share of screw ups also. But it's a low fence ranch so everything is native genetics.
          I did have one customer lie to me that he left something in the blind and needed to run get it. It was after dark and everyone was eating, I agreed to let him go, when he came back I looked in the back of his jeep and there was a knobbing buck in the back of it under a coat. I pulled the customer out and asked him ***??? He said he thought it was a doe when it came out and when he got down to it and figured out it wasn't he was afraid he would get in trouble... needless to say he left after he ate and never came back...
          It amazes me how people mistake numbing bucks for does... It also amazes me at the unbelievably high frequency this occurs at.

Comment

My cousin shot this buck this past weekend. He was invited to my uncle’s high fence ranch to shoot a cull. Said he didn’t see the ear tag til he walked up on it. 3-4 yr old “up & comer”

Click image for larger version

Name:	770E445A-1E55-4FB1-933E-FE918AAA79E4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	24597062

Comment

What an jackarse. He accomplished exactly what he wanted to accomplish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                My cousin shot this buck this past weekend. He was invited to my uncle’s high fence ranch to shoot a cull. Said he didn’t see the ear tag til he walked up on it. 3-4 yr old “up & comer”

[ATTACH]979063[/ATTACH]
                Yep, that’s a cull buck alright.....😳

Comment

nice...even hid the tag?? I'm sorry amigo as I wouldn't allow you even a piece of evidence / picture on a 'mistake' like that?? Good grief.

How did Tio take it & I guess he has new flags next to his name??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    nice...even hid the tag?? I'm sorry amigo as I wouldn't allow you even a piece of evidence / picture on a 'mistake' like that?? Good grief.

How did Tio take it & I guess he has new flags next to his name??
                    I don’t know, I wasn’t there and my uncle is hard to read. My cousin said he was disappointed at 1st, and later said, “that’s probably the biggest deer you will kill in your life, you should put it on the wall.” They offered to pay for it, he declined. He’s got more money than he knows what to do with.

I’m just trying to figure out how I get an invite to the Scimtar Oryx cull hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I don’t know, I wasn’t there and my uncle is hard to read. My cousin said he was disappointed at 1st, and later said, “that’s probably the biggest deer you will kill in your life, you should put it on the wall.” They offered to pay for it, he declined. He’s got more money than he knows what to do with.

I’m just trying to figure out how I get an invite to the Scimtar Oryx cull hunt

I read that to mean, “That’s the last deer you will kill on my place. May as well have a reminder of the time you messed up a good thing.”

Just sayin.

Comment

Exactly what I read also

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I read it as " this is me not setting your dumbass on fire and ridding society of a piece of **** that is either too stupid to breathe the same oxygen as the rest of us or a giant spoiled ***-hole that jad no discipline as a kid and grew into a giant extra large doooooosh bag... this is me banning you , your family, and anyone that shared an elevator with you from this property."

Comment

Update on my story. I sent Dad a text telling him my handyman charged me $115 to fix the bullethole. His response was to send me copies of 2 receipts; one from HEB and one from a $22 lunch be bought at Whataburger. Then asked “Send me your Venmo Rabbi.”

Narcissistic Personality Disorder much?

Comment

Unreal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                                Update on my story. I sent Dad a text telling him my handyman charged me $115 to fix the bullethole. His response was to send me copies of 2 receipts; one from HEB and one from a $22 lunch be bought at Whataburger. Then asked “Send me your Venmo Rabbi.”

Narcissistic Personality Disorder much?
                                Man this guy is off his rocker. Seriously. I don't even know him and I hate him for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X