Business for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business for sale?

This may be a long shot but does anyone on here know of any good business that is forsale? I am not looking for any specific industry. The main thing is that it has been around and is profitable. I am not interested in a company that just stared and is a one man operation. Thanks everyone

There was one listed in the back of the Dallas Safari Club newsletter that was an established sporting good s store I believe. I will PM you the info this weekend if I can find the newsletter.

Comment

Guy was selling a Spray Foam Rig a while back. Could be very lucrative I would think.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

dd

I have a cousin in Austin that is like a realtor, but for small businesses, no houses. They have some pretty interesting listings.

As an entrepreneur, Phillip Wilhite understands the business sale transaction from both the buyer’s and seller’s perspective.

Comment

I got y”all’s pm. Looking forward to your replies.

Anyone else know of any?

Comment

There is a Steak N Shake in my area for sale. Sign on the front says $10K buy in and 50% of the profits

Comment

If you want something that makes money buy a Chick-fil-A. Every time I feel like one for lunch and I usually get discouraged by the long lines. And its every location I’ve tried lately

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  If you want something that makes money buy a Chick-fil-A. Every time I feel like one for lunch and I usually get discouraged by the long lines. And its every location I’ve tried lately
                  I was just reading on those. $10,000 to invest (yeah, cheap!) but it is a year long interview process. And when you want out, you sell back to corporate. You cannot leave it to your kids or sell it to anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                    There is a Steak N Shake in my area for sale. Sign on the front says $10K buy in and 50% of the profits
                    So....we get 10 people together with $1000 and we own a steak and shake?

Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      I was just reading on those. $10,000 to invest (yeah, cheap!) but it is a year long interview process. And when you want out, you sell back to corporate. You cannot leave it to your kids or sell it to anyone else.
                      What are the details on this? Do they at least buy it back for fair market value? If so, it seems like maybe not needing to find a buy would be a good thing if they wouldn't low ball you?

They are probably being doing that so that they can still be very selective of who the ownership and management is so that they can maintain their level of quality. Like it or not, they most certainly have a reputation to uphold.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                        So....we get 10 people together with $1000 and we own a steak and shake?

Anybody?
                        It isn’t worth it. If you read anything about them the company is on its way out. Most franchise owns say that it was a big mistake. Also remember the 20k is for the option to buy a franchise. You still need to come up with several hundreds of thousands to build and business.

Comment

Brownwood needs a Fuzzy’s Taco. Would make a killing

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                            What are the details on this? Do they at least buy it back for fair market value? If so, it seems like maybe not needing to find a buy would be a good thing if they wouldn't low ball you?

They are probably being doing that so that they can still be very selective of who the ownership and management is so that they can maintain their level of quality. Like it or not, they most certainly have a reputation to uphold.
                            You don't own it, corporate does. You are an "Operator". You run it, but corporate owns it. They buy/lease the land, build the store, etc..... That's why you can't pass it on, and also why it is only $10K. But, they are very selective and it is a long process if you are selected.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                              It isn’t worth it. If you read anything about them the company is on its way out. Most franchise owns say that it was a big mistake. Also remember the 20k is for the option to buy a franchise. You still need to come up with several hundreds of thousands to build and business.
                              There's a reason I can't find one that is still open. They all have the same sign on them. Definitely not a hot item

Comment

Working...
                              X