Spray foam questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray foam questions??

I have asked before a couple years ago but forgot who I talked to. I have spray foam questions. My mother repurchased and is remodeling my childhood home. 1365 sq feet wood frame on blocks. We have taken it down to the studs and are moving some interior walls and changing the lay out a bit. The original house had no insulation except in the attic. She has receive a quote of $1000 for R-11 Batt. Walls are 24” centers. So a couple questions. What would spray foam cost? Is spray foam worth it if we are only doing exterior walls? What would cost be to do underside of floors. What would cost be for whole house. AC/heat is central but was installed in 1974. It will be replaced completely so there will not be issues w spray foam if we go that way.

I'm working on a similar project, just under 1000 sq. ft, and was quoted approx $3000 for open cell foam for the walls and ceiling deck and an additional $1800 for closed cell foam for the underside of the floors.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

My opinion is if original had no insulation then I would go with batting. If cost is not an issue then I would get quotes for foam. I'm guessing not many batting options for 2x4 walls on 24 inch centers

Comment

Foam

Comment

I just had 1400 sq ft of closed cell foam sprayed on the underside floor of our elevated house beach house. Paid $3000

Comment

Foam is the way to go but you need to make sure your A/C system will work with the foam. I would contact an A/C professional and get his professional opinion. Might need to trade A/C out for smaller unit once foam is installed.

Comment

So what is the going rate and how do I figure it. I know it’s board deer.

Comment

Why would the ac not work with spray foam?

Comment

Sent a message on your phone. Let me know if ya don't get it.

Comment

Air conditioners require outside air. Foamed houses are usually sealed. The other issue is that AC units remove humidity but they have to run for a while to remove the humidity. When the house is super insulated the ac doesn’t run as long and humidity can build up. Foamed houses usually require a smaller ac unit. That is the the issue in my case as we are replacing the entire ac/heat system.

Comment

Spot on Big Smith. A/C must be sized correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Roads View Post
                        I just had 1400 sq ft of closed cell foam sprayed on the underside floor of our elevated house beach house. Paid $3000
                        Did you have open or closed cell sprayed? Im looking at doing same thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X