Brazos County Age and Width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos County Age and Width

Like the title says what are y’all thinking on age I’m leaning towards 3.5 but some of the other guys think he’s mature and his body size does dwarf all the other 3.5 year olds out there. Also what is the green screen thinking width wise. Sorry for the crappy pictures thanks for the help!
    Attached Files

3.5 years is my guess.

Width? 10-11.

Comment

3.5 and not quite legal.

Comment

I would lean with your buddies, that body says 5 to me, thick muscle and neck deep into brisket and look at that torn up ear. Warrior looking to me. Width I have no clue sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
          I would lean with your buddies, that body says 5 to me, thick muscle and neck deep into brisket and look at that torn up ear. Warrior looking to me. Width I have no clue sorry.
          Yep I agree he’s definitely a fighter but probably not worth the risk because of how narrow he is.

Comment

Older deer.

5 plus at least imo.

Comment

His shoulders are smaller than his rump, which is why I'd say 3-4. Definitely has some growing to do. I'm in Milam county and it is very rare to see a 3 year old that is legally wide enough. Regardless of age, that buck is not legal to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                His shoulders are smaller than his rump, which is why I'd say 3-4. Definitely has some growing to do. I'm in Milam county and it is very rare to see a 3 year old that is legally wide enough. Regardless of age, that buck is not legal to shoot.
                In most cases I would agree with you but we have a lot of deer at this place that are very narrow for some reason!

Comment

4 but not legal

Comment

4-5 on age and 12-15/16" wide

Comment

Max 4. 12"

Comment

4.5 and 13.5”
                        Legal
                        Drop him

Comment

Tanner the deer is old enough to be better but he ain’t legal. They look wider from the back but he don’t look legal from behind. I’d say 4 and 12 inches wide. One that the 13 inch rule won’t help

Comment

4-5 yo good looking buck.

Comment

He’s a slick 8, if he had trash kickers and or more points. I could see questioning age, but if he’s 4 or 8 years old he’s a solid shooter buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X