new f150!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new f150!

went to look at new trucks today ... ford dealer wants $5k over sticker for xlt trim or less , $10k over sticker for lariat or KR , $15k over for platinum.

guess they don't want my money..

drove a red lariat 3.5 eco . didn't even have a bed liner in it ... $75k!

drove a powerboost xlt ... i think they wanted $65k for it ... drove so nice and quiet too... but I can't trust hybrid long term...

the kr they had was 81k on the sticker ... +10k "addendum"

ford dealer ,you can gfys!

That's insane. I bought a new Platinum F150 in December and got $12k off of sticker. Sticker was about $68k. That was bad enough...I can't imagine that people are actually paying sticker or above for a truck no matter what the trim level is.

Comment

Its not just Ford Im seeing the same for Ram 2500-3500 trucks too.

Comment

Sooner people quit financing these trucks for 8 years, the sooner the prices come back to reality. Pretty simple supply and demand, give it a year.

Comment

The rise in truck prices are due to the semiconductor shortage. Because there is a shortage, and they wont be putting as many newer model trucks out, dealers are raising the price to accommodate and make up for what they are loosing or trying to at least.

Comment

You can buy a new Ford for less than that.

Comment

Once the semiconductors start hitting the truck plants, all those trucks sitting in lots and racetracks/rail yards will flood the market. Hopefully fast enough that it brings the prices down. But i suspect it will be a slow release on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

new f150!

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                went to look at new trucks today ... ford dealer wants $5k over sticker for xlt trim or less , $10k over sticker for lariat or KR , $15k over for platinum.

guess they don't want my money..

drove a red lariat 3.5 eco . didn't even have a bed liner in it ... $75k!

drove a powerboost xlt ... i think they wanted $65k for it ... drove so nice and quiet too... but I can't trust hybrid long term...

the kr they had was 81k on the sticker ... +10k "addendum"

ford dealer ,you can gfys!

That’s why I’m not buying anything right now.

I need to buy something soon but keep holding out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Black Ice; 06-02-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  Sooner people quit financing these trucks for 8 years, the sooner the prices come back to reality. Pretty simple supply and demand, give it a year.
                  I thought 2020 with covid and job losses was my year to get into something new.

LOL nope

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    I thought 2020 with covid and job losses was my year to get into something new.

LOL nope

I bought a 2017 Audi S7 for 67k that stickered for 97k in December of 2018 with 6700 miles on it.

Been looking for a similar deal on a BMW X5M competition with low miles and they aren’t coming off that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                      Same goes for hunting leases. Unfortunately I don't see the trend ending anytime soon.

Comment

If everybody will stop buying it’ll stop.

Comment

You will be happy in this truck.
                          Gas mileage ain't great but you can buy a lot of gas for $30k
                          Attached Files

Comment

Seen a fair amount of hunting lease pop up on here this year, I dont follow?

Originally posted by Texastechred View Post
                            Same goes for hunting leases. Unfortunately I don't see the trend ending anytime soon.

Comment

yep these truck prices drive me nuts so I don't even look any more.

It's way cheaper for me to spend the occasional $500-$700 to keep my paid for 2010 F150 going and looking good.

Comment

Working...
                              X