Shipping ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping ammo

How have you guys shipped ammo before? USPS and UPS both said no I cannot ship one box of ammo.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 10-21-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
      How have you guys shipped ammo before? USPS and UPS both said no I cannot ship one box of ammo.

Can’t ship ammo USPS. Ship UPS or FedEx Ground, label the box as ORM-D as required and print your own label from home then drop off at a distribution center or have it picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
        Can’t ship ammo USPS. Ship UPS or FedEx Ground, label the box as ORM-D as required and print your own label from home then drop off at a distribution center or have it picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This. Making your own label makes it much easier. Then you dont have to argue with someone that has no idea what the company policy is

Comment

Just box it up and take to a UPS hub, not a UPS store. They will take care of every thing. I shipped some to a fellow tbh'er just last week. Easy peasy

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            Just box it up and take to a UPS hub, not a UPS store. They will take care of every thing. I shipped some to a fellow tbh'er just last week. Easy peasy
            Your UPS employee much be a lot smarter than the ones here in the Metroplex.

Comment

It's "Luck of the draw" with the shipping Clerks. I like to stack the deck in my favor.
              Pack it in an old Amazon box or something else that doesn't scream GUN OR rattle!
              Mark it as required but not a bit more.
              Print and affix a prepaid label.

At drop off just slide the box up like you're shipping shoes with an off hand "It'd prepaid, good to go". Clerk will scan it out of reflex and as soon as he does, it's theirs... I don't offer any explanation and exit.
              Last edited by Rango; 12-02-2020, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I boxed some up at home and sent it a week or so ago UPS. They didn’t ask me what was in the box.

Comment

The fines are large and the potential liability is larger if you do not have the appropriate labeling. Extreme example but similar has happened: truck is involved in an accident or a plane goes down and one of your rounds detonated; the fine is going to be the least of your worries. You are going to have to lawyer up in a big way to prove your shipment didn't cause the accident,. Keep in mind that parcel shipments are a revenue source for commercial passenger airlines (liability just went through the roof).

I pulled the below off UPS' website

Shipping Ammunition
                  UPS accepts for transportation such ammunition as constitutes 'cartridges, small arms,' as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59.

ORM-D - Ground Service
                  The ORM-D classification for hazardous materials is obsolete, effective January 1, 2021. This includes Consumer Commodity; Cartridges, Small Arms; and Cartridge, Power Device. Refer to the Limited Quantity Exception for Ground Service to determine if your material qualifies for the Limited Quantity exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

This....The UPS hub will ship if you label it correctly. I have received a few boxes of ammo this week via UPS and they all had to go to the hub....not a UPS store. I also sent one out as well as guns...from the Denton hub.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                      Your UPS employee much be a lot smarter than the ones here in the Metroplex.

Must be McKinney. Did you try the area hub?

Comment

I will not take it to a drop off as it is a crapshoot if they will know their own policy. Create label, schedule pickup, label ord-m and you are all set. The driver will pickup and off it goes.

Comment

Bumping this up. I agreed to trade some ammo on here and didn't realize USPS would not do it. I understand I could chance it. Anyway, I looked up the Ord-M thing and found this on UPS site.

So I guess my quesiton now is I just have to affix this to my package to send via UPS?

Click image for larger version

Name:	UPS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	24649163

Comment

did you guys catch this above

ORM-D - Ground Service
                            The ORM-D classification for hazardous materials is obsolete, effective January 1, 2021. This includes Consumer Commodity; Cartridges, Small Arms; and Cartridge, Power Device. Refer to the Limited Quantity Exception for Ground Service to determine if your material qualifies for the Limited Quantity exception.

Comment

Attach label and drop off at ups hub. Not a ups store they will not ship anything gun or gun parts related. They are locally owned and won’t do it the one by my house the lady wouldn’t take a scope I was shipping back to vortex.

Comment

Working...
                              X