Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

Alright guys i need to work on my Peach Cobbler in a dutch oven recipes. What is your go to. I usually make a few on the dove hunts etc and sometimes on a Saturday night. Would like to hear your best recipes. The easier the better lol!

[quote=TPACK]
    Originally posted by TPACK
    I have made this several time but not in a while. It is easy and really good.

1- Empty large can of peaches in Dutch oven.(
    1- Yellow cake mix poured on top of peaches. (Do not mix. Just sprinkle cake mix on top)
    1- Stick of butter or margarine. Cut into 1/4 inch slices and distribute evenly on top of cake mix.
    Sprinkle cinnamon on top (optional)
    Line the oven with foil (optional.

12 charcoals underneath Dutch oven and 24 charcoals on top of lid.
    Cook for 45 minutes then set off of coals and crack the lid slightly 15 minutes.
    Total cooking time is 1 hour.

Comment

Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

2 cans sliced peaches, drained
      1 yellow cake mix
      1 12oz can lemon-lime soda(I use Sprite)

Put drained peaches in bottom of 12-inch Dutch oven. Sprinkle cake mix over peaches. Pour the soda over top of it. Stir the mix completely. Put lid on Dutch oven and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 – 60 minutes. For outdoors use, bake 45-60 minutes with 12 briquettes on top and 12 briquettes on the bottom. Rotate the oven and lid every 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

2 cans sliced peaches, drained
        1 yellow cake mix
        1 12oz can lemon-lime soda(I use Sprite)

Put drained peaches in bottom of 12-inch Dutch oven. Sprinkle cake mix over peaches. Pour the soda over top of it. Stir the mix completely. Put lid on Dutch oven and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 – 60 minutes. For outdoors use, bake 45-60 minutes with 12 briquettes on top and 12 briquettes on the bottom. Rotate the oven and lid every 15 minutes.
        This is usually my go to kinda a combination of yours and the one above. I have seen some done with flour tortillas but cant remember the recipes.

Comment

Follow the Salt Lick BBQ recipe for peach cobbler:
          Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter
          1 cup all-purpose flour
          1 cup granulated sugar may use less
          2 teaspoons baking powder
          1/4 teaspoon sea or Kosher salt
          2/3 cup milk room temperature
          1 large egg room temperature and slightly beaten
          6 cups sliced peaches (use either fresh or frozen thawed - DO NOT used canned)
          1 cup granulated sugar
          1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
          1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Instructions

Put the dutch oven on the fire to pre-heat with the butter in it to melt.

In a medium sized mixing bowl or big ziplock bag, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk and beaten egg until all of the ingredients are well combined. Remove the dutch oven from the fire and pour the flour mixture evenly over the melted butter. DO NOT MIX.

In the same bowl or bag you used for the flour mixture, toss together the peaches,sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon the peach mixture evenly over the batter in the dutch oven. DO NOT STIR.

Put the dutch oven back on the fire for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until the batter rises to the top and is golden brown.

If you are going to make this at camp, you can pre-measure the dry ingredients into ziplock bags at home before you leave so all the measuring is done in advance.

Comment

Instead of yellow cake mix and stick butter I use white cake mix and a bottle of squeeze butter. Do. To mix just pour cake on top of peaches and butter on top of that.

Comment

Two cans of sliced peaches and syrup
              1 1/2 cups brown sugar
              White cake mix
              Butter
              Cinnamon

Mix peaches and brown sugar. Lightly stir in white cake mix but don’t mix it. Top with butter and cinnamon

Comment

Tagged!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

If you’re using peaches, you’re just missing a perfect chance to use apples.

Dutch oven apple cobbler, and blue bell homemade niller...Fights have started over less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We did a blueberry cobbler with blueberries in concentrate, bisquik, eggs and milk. It came out perfect. There were no measurements.

Comment

Dam this all sounds good.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I sprinkle a package of peach Jello into the cobbler.
                        Thickens the juices, adds flavor.

Comment

Blue berries and strawberries, mash them up add some sugar. Yellow cake mix and butter!

DONT FORGET THE BLUE BELL!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            If you’re using peaches, you’re just missing a perfect chance to use apples.

Dutch oven apple cobbler, and blue bell homemade niller...Fights have started over less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            2nd choice would be apples for me lol...

Comment

What's with all the health food recipes? Put some spoonfuls of cream cheese in there to make it gooood.

Comment

Working...
                              X