Water Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Station

I’ve been hunting West Texas for 4 years now and have come close to adding a water station for the deer. But about the time I decide to spend the money, it rains. This year that hasn’t been the case, it is drier than I have ever seen it. So Friday morning my wife, grandson and I headed out. Of course my normal 5.5 hr drive turned into closer to 7 with them, but that’s ok. After breakfast Saturday morning we got to work. Everything went great until I went to hook up the water hose to the water trough I was using. Apparently I am not smart enough to test everything before driving 1.5 from the nearest homedepot. As it turned out we all needed to cool off and the drive into Del Rio was a nice break. Everything else went as planned. I was even able to drive all but one tpost in without hitting rock. We finished about 6:00 Saturday evening. Kale and I went back up to install the trail cam that I forgot at the camp house about 8:00pm and there were 2 does in the pen already. I had put some corn on the ground to help them find it. Checked the camera this morning and although the angle of the camera was off, there were several pictures that showed deer drinking. Needless to say I was pretty excited. I’ll post pictures from my phone.

In for pics.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In for the pics...

It has defenitly been dryer this year and it's going to be a brutally scorching summer unless we get the remnants of a tropical storm or hurricane.

Comment

Nice work Brian. It will be well worth the time it took to do that.

Comment

Comment

Trail camera pics are much. We were in a hurry to get on the road. Hopefully I adjusted the camera to get better pictures. Going back out this coming weekend for a guys weekend so I’ll up date.

Comment

I would reccomend if you didn't already do it to secure that flapper. Mine worked as shown for 8 seasons. Till now. Leasemate sent me this last weekend. Dang coons.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good deal Brian! you will be surprised how many animals will love you now!

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                    I would reccomend if you didn't already do it to secure that flapper. Mine worked as shown for 8 seasons. Till now. Leasemate sent me this last weekend. Dang coons.

I had seen that recommendation on a previous thread. I didn’t but I will this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                      I had seen that recommendation on a previous thread. I didn’t but I will this weekend.

How’s it holding up? I need to get a watering system set up yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                        How’s it holding up? I need to get a watering system set up yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Great!! No proble at all. Have had deer, coons, foxes, aoudad and a mountain lion on the cam. Even survived the freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          In for pics.
                          Same here! Lol

Comment

Comment

Nice looking kitty!!

Comment

Working...
                              X