No announcement yet.

Club Car Hunting Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me more about the brush guard addition. Pretty easy install? Any mods needed?

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
      Please tell me more about the brush guard addition. Pretty easy install? Any mods needed?

It is off a Polaris Ranger crew. I welded a two inch receiver to a steel plate. I cut an existing hole on the brush guard to open it up to slide over the receiver. My buddy held it in place where I wanted to tack it in place then I welded the brush guard around the receiver. I added some supports behind it. The flat plate bolts directly to the frame of the cart. I can get some better pictures if you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
        Finally got it back together (about 95%, have some wiring to clean up). Some paint and fabric go a long way. I am happy with the way it turned out. We have been cruising the neighborhood with it so far. I am debating between new batteries. Lithium is the way I am leaning but the cost is holding me up (this is a "budget" build). As soon as I get the motor / battery upgrades figured out it will be primary hunting buggy.

For comparison, the OG stealth hunter is pictured below. It has killed many of hogs and has been a great cart. It has upgraded motor / controller. It is back in my garage for some repairs. Having two carts will be great for a back up.

If this is a cart you plan to keep, find some Nissan Leaf Gen 3 3S7P lithium cells and don’t look back.

If you plan to flip it I would find a reasonably priced set of lead acid and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome build! This would work great for me! I might have to keep my eye out for a cart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work!!

Comment

Lithium batteries going in.

Comment

Awesome job! Always wondered about a golf cart for hunting. But I don't know how well it would hold up in the terrain of west TX.
                Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 10-19-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

been following this. looks great. When you lift and increase tire size, do you need to change out the controller, motor, etc? I hunt in east texas/north la, so a little hilly but nothing crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                    Awesome job! Always wondered about a golf cart for hunting. But I don't know how well it would hold up in the terrain of west TX.

Mine did fine over the 4-5 years I was on mine.

You do have to be diligent with your off season maintenance. Make sure everything is tight and all bushings replaced before season and you are good.

Comment

What batteries did you use??

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        What batteries did you use??

Big battery.com 48v BDGR kit

Comment

I’ve told multiple friends about this project. Would love a silent stalker like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X