East Tx Sporting Clays Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Tx Sporting Clays Shooters

I recently moved from DFW to Tyler. I shoot NSCA AA class. Any other tbhers shoot registered events? Looking to find some guys to shoot with.

I plan to shoot at 5H, TGR, Ables, and Lufkin.

If you ever make it too Houston let me know , I'm a member at GHGC you can shoot there with me

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
      If you ever make it too Houston let me know , I'm a member at GHGC you can shoot there with me
      I shoot several at Westside every year with the Pattons. Ill be in touch if i get that way.

Comment

We shoot but ables is about as far east as we get. We will be in Ohio next month if you want to tag along

We have a membership at west side and there are at least 2 guys here on at greater houston

Comment

Isn’t TGR up in Terrell? I shoot for Tarleton and have a few friends I shoot NSCA/NSSA with but pretty much all DFW area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
            Isn’t TGR up in Terrell? I shoot for Tarleton and have a few friends I shoot NSCA/NSSA with but pretty much all DFW area.

It is. Ill make it over to defender a few times this year. I may shoot yalls fundraiser if the schedule fits.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
              It is. Ill make it over to defender a few times this year. I may shoot yalls fundraiser if the schedule fits.

Gotcha, we’ll be at Defender the 4th for a fundraiser shoot and the 6th for their Long Bird/Short Bird shoot. We also make it to TGR on occasion. Our fundraiser is July 11th and we’d love to have you.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
                You probably already know Defenders and Travis are hosting State next year. Come check out the place. Got 2-12 target ranges and a 6 target super sporting range. I shoot league over there. Maybe we'll meet up and you can show me some pointers.

Comment

What is 5H like? I'm in Houston and also a member at GHGC but 5H isn't to far from my ranch. I haven't been shooting much the past year, new baby and a ranch house build. I was demoted back to AA...if I can find some shells I'm going to start shooting a little bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                    You probably already know Defenders and Travis are hosting State next year. Come check out the place. Got 2-12 target ranges and a 6 target super sporting range. I shoot league over there. Maybe we'll meet up and you can show me some pointers.
                    Ill be over there for the long bird/short bird, and am always up for a side pot
                    Originally posted by Matador View Post
                    What is 5H like? I'm in Houston and also a member at GHGC but 5H isn't to far from my ranch. I haven't been shooting much the past year, new baby and a ranch house build. I was demoted back to AA...if I can find some shells I'm going to start shooting a little bit more.
                    I shot there wednesday for the first time. Looks like a well put together place. Ill be going back for their registered shoot Sunday. They throw 5 stand, main, super, and sub gauge every shoot. They had fiocchi, clever, and B&P in stock. Prices werent too unreasonable.
                    Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                    Gotcha, we’ll be at Defender the 4th for a fundraiser shoot and the 6th for their Long Bird/Short Bird shoot. We also make it to TGR on occasion. Our fundraiser is July 11th and we’d love to have you.

Let me know if you want to squad for long bird/short bird, ill be there.

Comment

May a little far to drive to Lufkin during the week but we have a league starting May 31 going through June 27. You will shoot against people in your class and will shoot 50 targets per week.

85% of shooters shoot Wednesday night because we cook that night. If you can pull it off then you would be able to meet several that shoot on the weekends.

Comment

My son and I shoot a little bit. He shoots with the count 4h and we shoot out at 5H a good bit. Living in Tyler n Rose City Flying Clays might be an alternative for a closer place to shoot if on a time crunch.

Comment

2nd the recommendation for Pines Gun Club in Lufkin. Very nice facilities and a bunch of good shooters in that club. See if you can join a group there,

Comment

I shot at 5H in Frankston yesterday for their "Teflon Targets" NSCA registered shoot. Targets were great with few exceptions (colors were not appropriate for the background on a few stations). Good people, good food, and a well run shoot. They had 70+ shooters with no waits or malfunctions.

Definitely worth checking out.

Comment

Working...
                            X