Covert SD Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert SD Question

Lady from Covert wants me to try a different brand SD card to fix my camera taking pictures every two minutes. How does that work?

Be sure they’re class 10 cards. Prolly the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
      Lady from Covert wants me to try a different brand SD card to fix my camera taking pictures every two minutes. How does that work?

A faulty SD card can trigger irregular operation.. I have fixed two issues with changing out SD cards that were faulty. Not saying that will cure your issue but its worth a shot before sending it off or throwing it in the trash if out of warranty. I also pop out the sim card and let it sit for minute, then put it back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Be sure they’re class 10 cards. Prolly the issue.
        She suggested a standard chip made by Sony. Anyhow, Im still having trouble wrapping my head around that being the problem. How would that cause the camera to constantly take a picture of nothing every few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
          She suggested a standard chip made by Sony. Anyhow, Im still having trouble wrapping my head around that being the problem. How would that cause the camera to constantly take a picture of nothing every few minutes.
          Just trust them. Doesn’t matter. They know what they’re talking about. Buy Sony class 10and let her rip. Also do what Smart said above.

Comment

Happened to me before with a brand new 2019 model. I bought other SD cards and it went away, but it wasn't happening on every camera despite them having the same cards.

I know have at least 4 different brand/model SD cards and haven't had the issue repeat itself.

Comment

My brand new camera wouldn’t work with a brand new SD card, on her suggestion I got another new card and it works great

Comment

SD cards are cheap and foreign made. They fail and sometimes they don't work right out of the package. Sometimes their connections don't match up with your cameras connections due to even the tiniest mfg flaw on both sides (usually the individual card's flaw)

I've always had real good luck with Transcend brand cards and they are very affordable. I've been using them since 2008 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  SD cards are cheap and foreign made. They fail and sometimes they don't work right out of the package. Sometimes their connections don't match up with your cameras connections due to even the tiniest mfg flaw on both sides (usually the individual card's flaw)

I've always had real good luck with Transcend brand cards and they are very affordable. I've been using them since 2008 I believe.
                  Covert has the issue. Sure changing cards may do the trick but I've had it with the cameras. Ita always something. Need this update or change your card. Or my favorite just go turn camera off then back on. I'm 3 hours away lady. Well that's the fix. I raved about them for years. Have 6 sitting in a box because I'm to fed up to call Covert to get them running. This did nothing to help original poster I just needed to vent.

Comment

Sounds like the camera is set too sensitive and the wind is setting it off. Try setting the camera with a new sd card inside the house say on a mantle etc facing a wall and turn it and let it run a few hours. If it takes pictures of a blank wall every few min. it is a camera problem. If not it is a sensitivity problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                      Covert has the issue. Sure changing cards may do the trick but I've had it with the cameras. Ita always something. Need this update or change your card. Or my favorite just go turn camera off then back on. I'm 3 hours away lady. Well that's the fix. I raved about them for years. Have 6 sitting in a box because I'm to fed up to call Covert to get them running. This did nothing to help original poster I just needed to vent.
                      Yep they take some work. But they are great overall. The fact I can fix them pretty easy when needed or that they send me a brand new camera when mine is broke is pretty solid.

Let me know what you have and I might be able to take them off your hands and you can put some cash back in your pocket.

Comment

I have had to do the same thing. It's not just with Covert either. I have the same problem with my Spypoint Micro's

Comment

Bet its a cheap low class card. Buy a 16/32GB Class 10 off amazon

Comment

friend of mine has issues with his, cards quit working correctly but still saves pics on card but it quits sending pictures to his phone , card still works in other devices too... he replaces it and camera starts to work again sending pics.. it's voodoo! but it has happened to him at least 3 times already and fixed it by a swap every time, now it's acting up again... he bought the most expensive ones too and that made no difference either ... so ... just slap another one in there and see if it fixes it for a while ...

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post

My only issue with SD cards were both failed cards since 2016. SD cards are a problem too. I've seen it in trail cams too. Running 4-6 Covert cams depending on the season as we speak. Maybe I'm just lucky but I haven't had any issues except a infrared light going out on a 2016 in 2019.

Those updates are due to the cell phone companies doing their own updates....Covert has no control over that and are constantly chasing the big companies If you can't handle firmware or software updates every year from any camera brand, then cell cameras are not for you.....there is no doubt Would be nice if they could figure out a way to do it automatically like a cell phone but then again my cell phone cost 3-4 times what my camera does. I'm good with doing it manually at that price. There is no doubt they can make you scratch your head but **** are they awesome and addicting. So many more positives than the occasional negative.
                              Last edited by Smart; 10-20-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X