Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    What did you end up planting then?
    it was a bag of stuff I found at a local feed shop. It was the last bag and I got it for 30 dollars. I think it was Antler (something). It is better than nothing and I learned a good deal on planting. Looking forward to future plots and upgrades around the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      it was a bag of stuff I found at a local feed shop. It was the last bag and I got it for 30 dollars. I think it was Antler (something). It is better than nothing and I learned a good deal on planting. Looking forward to future plots and upgrades around the farm.
      What was in the bag? Sounds like you got the last bag of a fall mix on sale.

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
      This.... with a question for Dry Creek.... if you mix 2.5 oz per gallon how much Gly are you applying per acre? I think with the low volume my sprayer sprays, 2.5 oz per gallon would be a really light application.
      It took 40 gallons to spray my one acre plot, may have had a few gallons left over. That’s running with a 20 gallon sprayer with two nozzles and traveling about 3mph like Drycreek said. That being said, 2.5oz X 40 gallons is 100oz of gly
      Last edited by Sleepy; 05-03-2020, 08:57 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sleepy;14848497]What was in the bag? Sounds like you got the last bag of a fall mix on sale.

Not sure it said spring summer food plot mix. I’ll try and make it home before the trash man comes.

Comment

[quote=rut-ro;14849069]
          Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          What was in the bag? Sounds like you got the last bag of a fall mix on sale.

Not sure it said spring summer food plot mix. I’ll try and make it home before the trash man comes.
          No worries. Was just curious. If it said Spring/Summer, you’re good. A lot of times the feed stores will have left over fall mixes on sale this time of year and I’ve seen folks buy it and plant it now not realizing what was in the bag.

Comment

Not sure what is in it but here it is. If it works it works if not I’ll chalk it up to a learning experience and truck on
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like:

Soybean
              I/C peas
              Sunflower
              Buckwheat
              Sorghum

Comment

I did not get pics but had 6 inches of rain since I’ve put it out. It looked better than expected and the deer Tracks are everywhere. No stand on where the plot is. I am going to set up about 60 yards away on a natural creek where they travel all the time.

Comment

Looks pretty good for a first time.

Comment

How did your food plot turn out? Got any recent pics?

Comment

I really like the idea of food plots. I know deer like to have the extra room. Looking forward to seeing any other pics you have.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        Not sure what is in it but here it is. If it works it works if not I’ll chalk it up to a learning experience and truck on

How did your food plot turn out ? Any pictures ?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                            How did your food plot turn out ? Any pictures ?
                            It turned out great. Only problem was it was not big enough and they tore it honoree a couple weeks. And what the deeer did not eat, the pigs rooted up. Plan b attempt coming soon

Comment

won't be anytime soon in east texas

pastures and wildlife openings are a mess from rain!!

bill

Comment

Working...
                              X