Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
    Real late, but I'll play....

Once again, sign stealing isn't the issue. If I want to look into your daughter's bedroom window, but can't see it from the ground, is it OK if I get a drone to do it?

You homers keep bringing up the PED sandal to justify the electronic sign stealing/buzzer tip-off scandal.

You don't think it's beneficial to a batter to KNOW what pitch is fixing to be thrown? Maybe that should be the punishment. The pitchers from the offending teams have to tell the batter what every pitch will be for a few seasons.

Like I said before, baseball isn't for everybody, it's kinda cerebral. Arena Football is fixing to start up, or maybe Japanese wrestling would better suit you.
    Terrible analogy...other than that, I don't have an argument with the rest of your comment

Comment

Once again, sign stealing isn't the issue. If I want to look into your daughter's bedroom window, but can't see it from the ground, is it OK if I get a drone to do it?
      Why don't you have a seat right over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        They almost ripped his jersey off when he hit the HR that sent them to the WS. In his post game interview he claimed his wife wanted his jersey in 1 piece.
        So I guess not all the players didn’t know he was possibly wearing a buzzer? Why would teammates want to expose that?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          So I guess not all the players didn’t know he was possibly wearing a buzzer? Why would teammates want to expose that?

Valid point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
            Terrible analogy...other than that, I don't have an argument with the rest of your comment

Possibly, but the point is, doing something with electronic help isn't quite the same thing as doing it without it.

Comment

You homers keep bringing up the PED sandal to justify the electronic sign stealing/buzzer tip-off scandal.
              It’s been a deflection to not answer valid questions the entire thread

Where do you draw the line?

Would it be different if it where the Nats?

... I’ll wait some more

Gotta agree with the terrible analogy part lol
              Last edited by Jcjohnson; 01-17-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

You don't think it's beneficial to a batter to KNOW what pitch is fixing to be thrown? Maybe that should be the punishment. The pitchers from the offending teams have to tell the batter what every pitch will be for a few seasons.

Like I said before, baseball isn't for everybody, it's kinda cerebral. Arena Football is fixing to start up, or maybe Japanese wrestling would better suit you.
                I’m not bringing up PED’s as an excuse. I honestly could care less that guys juiced up, because at the end of the day they still had to pitch the ball, hit the ball, and catch the ball.

Knowing tendencies and the point in time during the game you can have a good idea what pitch is coming in what count, with or without video, buzzers, or mics. The batter is a lot of times going to take a peak at how the catcher is setting up. Sure it’s beneficial but like I said, the pitcher still has to make the pitch, and the batter still has less than half a second to make a decision and make a good swing on the ball. Just because you know what pitch is coming doesn’t determine the outcome, there is still all sorts of human error that come in. It’s no different than a pitcher knowing a batter swings at high fastballs on 2 strikes or curveballs in the dirt.
                Last edited by diamond10x; 01-17-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  Knowing tendencies and the point in time during the game you can have a good idea what pitch is coming in what count, with or without video, buzzers, or mics. The batter is a lot of times going to take a peak at how the catcher is setting up. Sure it’s beneficial but like I said, the pitcher still has to make the pitch, and the batter still has less than half a second to make a decision and make a good swing on the ball. Just because you know what pitch is coming doesn’t determine the outcome, there is still all sorts of human error that come in. It’s no different than a pitcher knowing a batter swings at high fastballs on 2 strikes or curveballs in the dirt.
                  Your saying it gives the batter no extra unfair advantage at all?
                  Last edited by Jcjohnson; 01-17-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    I always cringe though when that line drive screams past the dugout at someone staring at their phone...
                    Darwin Award winner if you aren’t paying attention.

Comment

Uncle Uncle uncle.........You are severally undervaluing the element of deception with speed changes and the not knowing here. If you know what's coming you are at a huge advantage as a hitter.... I'm not going to put a % value on it because I would be guessing but it's higher than what you are giving it credit for. It's got to be up towards 40-50% of the hitting concept if I were to guess. There is no sit fastball hit breaking pitch in this instance....It's now sit and wait for the fastball.....or hit the BP after two bangs if you see it well and it's in the zone. I hear you on the sneak a peak but most catchers don't seem to allow it.....You can see them looking up all the time to make sure before they give the signs..
                      Last edited by Smart; 01-17-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                        Your saying it gives the batter no extra unfair advantage at all?
                        The batter still has to make a good swing and square the ball up. a perfectly hit ball can still end up in a fielder’s glove.

Comment

The batter still has to make a good swing and square the ball up. a perfectly hit ball can still end up in a fielder’s glove.
                          I get that, but I was more asking a yes or no question. Does it give the batter an unfair advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Uncle Uncle uncle.........You are severally undervaluing the element of deception with speed changes and the not knowing here. If you know what's coming you are at a huge advantage as a hitter.... I'm not going to put a % value on it because I would be guessing but it's higher than what you are giving it credit for. It's got to be up towards 40-50% of the hitting concept if I were to guess. There is no sit fastball hit breaking pitch in this instance....It's now sit and wait for the fastball.....or hit the BP after two bangs if you see it well and it's in the zone. I hear you on the sneak a peak but most catchers don't seem to allow it.....You can see them looking up all the time to make sure before they give the signs..
                            No trash can banging on the road and better offensive numbers across the board in 2017. I don't think it was very helpful. Certainly doesn't excuse the act but I doubt it made any difference in the eventual outcome of the season.

Comment

We're not talking about batting average. If you're facing Thor Syndergaard, would you rather know what pitch is coming before you settle in, or not? Exactly....

Comment

We are talking MLB hitters here that can crush a 100 mph fastball without blinking an eye. See Altuve off Chapman in '17. See a 98-100 mph pitcher when they don't have any movement on their FB or they don't have control of their changeup/BP that day an the batters can sit back and hit the only pitch they can get over for a strike. If they know what is coming you have removed a pitchers main defense against them.....deception. It's would be like a BP pitcher sitting up there calling their pitches during batting practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X