No announcement yet.

any good disfunctional family christmas stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I somehow got left on the massive text thread for the gathering. My mom and one aunt are the only ones who can cook anything edible so everyone is trying to decide what type of food to have. My cousin who won't cut her son's hair because it should be his decision (he's two and has hair down his back) let everyone know she is gluten intolerant and needed anything with wheat labeled. My other aunt stopped cooking completely because my gay (possibly trans) cousin is vegetarian, but also doesn't like vegetables.

Comment

Cant believe I missed this thread before. Pure gold

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        My other aunt stopped cooking completely because my gay (possibly trans) cousin is vegetarian, but also doesn't like vegetables.
        This made me laugh until my side hurt and I started coughing. There are some strange ones in the world these days.

Comment

Bump

Comment

We’ve had our disagreements about wether marshmallows belong in sweet potatoes, the virtues of spiral cut versus carved ham.

Comment

Too much to write and some details I shouldn't put in words. Christmas eve is usually at my MIL's that lives right next to my wife and I. This year I hope was the last one. I have bit my tongue till it bleeds and have no more cheeks to turn. The situation has been brewing for a while mainly because I know to keep my comments, responses, and temper at bay to keep the peace for my wife's sake.
              My MIL and metro sexual BIL (married to wife's sister) made me so mad this year I got up halfway through dinner and left without saying a word. I walked back to my house and made myself a strong drink and sat outside.
              My wife came and found me 30 minutes later and told me she had just finished trying to set them straight and told them how lucky they were that I left the way I did. They are the type that will not and may not even know how to apologize. I have not said a word to my MIL since that day and she has not stepped foot in my house since that happened which is strange. She usually barges in 5-10 times a day.
              I will never go to Christmas or even Thanksgiving there again.

Comment

My mom is 60 and dad is 67. My older brother is 41 and still lives at home with them. He's a habitual thief and meth head. He steals my parents blind and they feed him money to the point that they can't pay bills. My brother has only been out for a year after doing a stretch in Huntsville for stealing mom and dad's neighbors car and totalling it out. They knew it was him because they found my mom's stolen cell phone still in he car.

I have three niece's two of which are currently pregnant. One got knocked up while cheating on her husband of 1 year and the other dropped out of college to get pregnant with a bi racial kid who's daddy doesn't have a job.

All of this leads up to my wife,son and I spending Christmas at our home alone. It was great for us but my parents hated it. Apparently I should just keep my mouth shut and forget about my morals.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                  Too much to write and some details I shouldn't put in words. Christmas eve is usually at my MIL's that lives right next to my wife and I. This year I hope was the last one. I have bit my tongue till it bleeds and have no more cheeks to turn. The situation has been brewing for a while mainly because I know to keep my comments, responses, and temper at bay to keep the peace for my wife's sake.
                  My MIL and metro sexual BIL (married to wife's sister) made me so mad this year I got up halfway through dinner and left without saying a word. I walked back to my house and made myself a strong drink and sat outside.
                  My wife came and found me 30 minutes later and told me she had just finished trying to set them straight and told them how lucky they were that I left the way I did. They are the type that will not and may not even know how to apologize. I have not said a word to my MIL since that day and she has not stepped foot in my house since that happened which is strange. She usually barges in 5-10 times a day.
                  I will never go to Christmas or even Thanksgiving there again.
                  Cmon can's leave us hanging like that.

story telling version of "pics or it didn't happen" lol

Comment

I have a good one. Got to “meet” my 2 new cousins this year....brother and sister who are now both transgender. At least my aunt and uncle still have a “boy” and a “girl”. The crazy part is the girl/ now a boy is dating her best friend from high school that is a gay guy. Pretty screwed up.

Comment

I’ll have to add one in a bit

Comment

Man, y’all make my family look like a bunch of saints!!

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                          The crazy part is the girl/ now a boy is dating her best friend from high school that is a gay guy. Pretty screwed up.

Huh??? Wouldn’t that still be a girl dating a guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                            I have a good one. Got to “meet” my 2 new cousins this year....brother and sister who are now both transgender. At least my aunt and uncle still have a “boy” and a “girl”. The crazy part is the girl/ now a boy is dating her best friend from high school that is a gay guy. Pretty screwed up.
                            Dang that makes my head hurt trying to figure it out....

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                              Huh??? Wouldn’t that still be a girl dating a guy?

Exactly why it’s so screwed up. I feel bad for my aunt and uncle having to deal with this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                                My mom is 60 and dad is 67. My older brother is 41 and still lives at home with them. He's a habitual thief and meth head. He steals my parents blind and they feed him money to the point that they can't pay bills. My brother has only been out for a year after doing a stretch in Huntsville for stealing mom and dad's neighbors car and totalling it out. They knew it was him because they found my mom's stolen cell phone still in he car.

I have three niece's two of which are currently pregnant. One got knocked up while cheating on her husband of 1 year and the other dropped out of college to get pregnant with a bi racial kid who's daddy doesn't have a job.

All of this leads up to my wife,son and I spending Christmas at our home alone. It was great for us but my parents hated it. Apparently I should just keep my mouth shut and forget about my morals.

I agree that’s some messed up stuff, but what’s the kid being biracial have to do with anything??

Comment

Working...
                                X