there goes the neighborhood! Bolivar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there goes the neighborhood! Bolivar

the last place i could go to get away from most of the crowd sometimes.

Huge beach resort with a private airport in the works for Galveston County
    The Peninsula Resort, the only fly-in beach resort in the U.S., is coming soon to Crystal Beach, Texas.

Don’t worry to much, with these idiots in DC those investments will be deemed off the table in the next year or two at most

Comment

That’s awesome. Right in the middle of Hurricane ally. You can’t hold back progress.

Comment

Oh great... That exactly what we need..
        More BS pollution and destructive debri to get scattered all over our bay systems when a Cat 4 wipes it clean off the face of that big sand bar... VERY STUPID IDEA..

Comment

Have the investors actually been out there to look at that beach?

Comment

Sweet! Should be nice and make lots of $$$$!

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
              Obviously not.

Comment

I guess they need to inflate the next storm damage totals so it can be blamed on climate change.

Comment

That ferry line will be backed up to San Luis Pass if it meets their expected capacity. I wouldn't think that there is a spot wide enough to land a very big plane on boliver.

Comment

I would love to see the Engineering that will be going into this project. Dealing with shifting sand after each storm and 120-140 mph winds in a high rise has to be a major design concern. Hey maybe they’ll hire the same folks that designed the new Ship Channel bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      I would love to see the Engineering that will be going into this project. Dealing with shifting sand after each storm and 120-140 mph winds in a high rise has to be a major design concern. Hey maybe they’ll hire the same folks that designed the new Ship Channel bridge.
                      Don't forget storm surge.

Comment

Free enterprise.

If someone wanted to do something with it, they should have made a bid. Now the big money millionaires will run what was once a better deal for the public.

Oops, wrong thread. I thought this was about a lake and park in east Texas.

Comment

We keep building and nature keeps removing. Their just buying time.

Comment

I bet it never goes further than the Bar and the RV park.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                              Yeah, one of those guys has developed several subdivisions down there and at least two of them own homes on Bolivar.

My guess is that it goes in next to the Crystal Palace. Only chunk of land that really fits the bill.
                              Last edited by El General; 03-29-2023, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X