No announcement yet.

Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading down Friday for the first time since April to pull cards and fill feeders. Cant wait to see how our bucks are coming along! I can also see a storm's special in my near future

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
      Heading down Friday for the first time since April to pull cards and fill feeders. Cant wait to see how our bucks are coming along! I can also see a storm's special in my near future

Mmmm, storms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Were about 6 miles north east of Lometa off 581. We have been covered in pigs for the last couple of years. Seems like we cant kill enough to even slow them down. Also have noticed in the last year a lot more yote activity. I haven't been to the ranch since February but looking forward to going in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by tribute06 View Post
          Were about 6 miles north east of Lometa off 581. We have been covered in pigs for the last couple of years. Seems like we cant kill enough to even slow them down. Also have noticed in the last year a lot more yote activity. I haven't been to the ranch since February but looking forward to going in the next couple of weeks.
          Holler if you want to shoot them with thermal and suppressors.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Holler if you want to shoot them with thermal and suppressors.
            ten 4. may hit you up in a couple weeks

Comment

I'll be heading down to Lometa next weekend to check on things/top off feeders. My dad has been at the ranch for the past couple of weeks and says there have been two solid bachelor groups showing up regularly with some decent potential who have been hammering protein. Hopefully we get some decent rain to replenish the ponds soon.

Comment

Made it down to the lease and topped off feeders and pulled cards. But I forgot my laptop and my card viewer! Then I got stuck in traffic on 20 coming home and didnt get to check them last night and its driving me crazy haha ... super super dry and dusty down there but saw plenty of deer and they all looked healthy. Lots of little fawns running around too. I will update with some pics hopefully tonight

Comment

Dry dry dry. Hot hot hot. Was there today. really need some rain.. Maybe tuesday?

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                    Dry dry dry. Hot hot hot. Was there today. really need some rain.. Maybe tuesday?
                    Let’s hope. Need it bad and some major storms needed

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                      I was out at the lease last weekend filling feeders and protein feeders. Man it was HOT HOT. Thermometer up at camp read 117 degrees.
                      Dry and dusty too. Prayin for rain this coming week

Comment

Was gonna put my info out there again this year for Lampasass area. If anyone crippled one and needs a dog please keep me in mind
                        Kyle Scott
                        (832)405-6983
                        Last edited by Msgreenga; 08-06-2018, 08:14 PM. Reason: Number

Comment

Originally posted by Msgreenga View Post
                          Was gonna put my info out there again this year for Lampasass area. If anyone crippled one and needs a dog please keep me in mind
                          Kyle Scott
                          (832)405-6983
                          What kind of dog do you have? And what do you charge?

Comment

Hey Kyle,

I will definitely keep your number. I hunt between Lampasas and Lometa with 6 other bowhunters so one of us may need your services this year. The lease is dry and our ponds are almost empty so I'm hoping we get rain soon just like the rest of you.

Comment

Kyle is a darn good guy, he came to help look for a doe I backstrapped a year or so ago. His dog doesn't know the meaning of give up that's for sure! Glad you posted up again, I lost a bunch of numbers and couldn't remember your screen name on here. ......

Gonna try and head down next week and check the water troughs again and pray we get some rain soon! Only seen one buck on my camera that's a maybe. Not a very good picture but looks like a possible big cull.

Comment

Went down to the ranch this past weekend and as most of you have already said, it's really dry. Luckily we still have a decent amount of water left in the ponds. Put out 1,200 pounds of protein and put up some new cameras. Found a camera that hadn't been looked at since last December and only had 27,000+ pics on it. Saw some bucks we let pass last year have made it to this year but, the pics stop in April. Guess it'll be an interesting next few weeks to see who is regularly showing up. Looks like rain in the forecast so, let's hope it actually happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X