Sighting in single pin sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sighting in single pin sight

I made a trade on here for a trophy ridge pursuit single pin sight and he sent all the yardage tapes with it. But I'm having trouble finding instructions anywhere on how to select the right tape and everything. Any and all help will be appreciated !

Thanks
    Adam

Sight in 20 yrds and the farthest you can accurately shoot. Then match up tape with those two marks.

I did 20-60 and I'm dead on at 100

Comment

Evidently they do not come with pre-marked tapes. Maybe you can purchase a set for HHA, about $15 from what I have seen, and match them up. There should be 43 tapes with the HHA set so there would be plenty of options available.

Comment

I tend to change my draw weight throughout the year so the tapes are always a little off for me. I typically just resight and mark a blank piece of white tape at 20,30,40,50 etc. I never get to shoot past 60 anyways.

Comment

Just put a piece of masking on your sight and sight it in at two different yardages. Take that masking tape off and match it up to the tapes you have and use the one that matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            I tend to change my draw weight throughout the year so the tapes are always a little off for me. I typically just resight and mark a blank piece of white tape at 20,30,40,50 etc. I never get to shoot past 60 anyways.
            Curious. Why do you change your DW?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Curious. Why do you change your DW?
              I have an old elbow and shoulder injury that flares up. During the summer I often lower it just for comfort when shooting allot of arrows for practice. Then I bump it back up as deer season rolls around. Were talking about 5-7 pounds but my bow is slow as it is so it makes a big difference in POI.

Comment

i just use label and cut a clean copy. I would prefer to mark my exact spots . . . takes a few shooting sessions but I can run my tape farther then i'd normally shoot.

Comment

I like to use a blank tape and make marks from 20-100 yards. Then I match up a preprinted tape and put that on. You can order tapes from Lancaster if you want you to go that route.

Comment

i can probably print you some if you could provide all relevant data.

Comment

Thanks for all the help everybody! Doesn't sound too difficult, wes what kind of data are you talking about? Speed and what not?

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                        Thanks for all the help everybody! Doesn't sound too difficult, wes what kind of data are you talking about? Speed and what not?
                        bow, dw, dl, arrows, arrow length, weight on string, type of sight ect. can print a page for each poundages you shoot.

you can download the software and try it out yourself if you want. http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com

can do everything but print them with the free trial.

Comment

Working...
                        X