Day Pack Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Pack Recomendations

Well my $10 game winner is giving out so im in the market for a day pack. My qualifications are that it is

1. quiet
    2. fairly water proof
    3. durable
    4. lite weight (i hunt public land and usually its a bit of a hike to get in)

it will need to be big enough to hold the following items

-range finder
    -binos (most of the time i wont bring them)
    -hunting knife
    -scent killing spray
    -a couple trashbags
    -flashlight/ headlamp
    -a couple zip ties
    -grunt call/ rattling horns (again most of the time they don't make the trip)
    -pull rope
    -dead down wind wipes
    -rain suit (Cabelas MT050 GoreTex, its packable but does take up some room. only if the forecast calls for rain)
    -camo jacket and pants (i dress at the stand after i cool off)
    - jerky if i plan on an all day sit.

i try to minimize what i bring but i will admit im still working out my system. (i packed way more crap last year ) so maybe my pack should be bigger than what most would call a day pack?? Maybe i'm packing to much?

I'm leaning towards something with a suspension system either internal or external but this is new territory for me. This pack will be designated to archery hunting only.

Thanks for the replies

I use a backpack made by timberhawk I got at Wal-Mart for $30 I don't know if you can beat it for the price.

Comment

I decided to trade-up to a Badlands pack last year. It was more than I would normally spend but from looking at the quality of construction, it should be the last backpack I ever buy. My only problem with it is that there are so many pockets I forget where I've stashed things. I have thought I'd lost various knives, flashlights, etc only to find them weeks later in a different pocket!

Comment

I use a badlands super day. Very high quality but not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
          I use a badlands super day. Very high quality but not cheap.
          I got this one this year. Best pack I've ever had. Yes pricey but its the last pack I will ever have to buy. Super high quality.

Comment

Checkout Alps Outdoors. They have a lot of great packs for really reasonable prices.

I went with the Traverse and use it as a large daypack. It ain't super light, but its big enough to haul meat if I need it to, and its right at around $100.

They have a lot of smaller packs as well.

Comment

I use an Alps Outdoorz Pursuit pack. It is a smaller pack but carries everything I need. I like that I can hang it in my tree stand and open the front shelf to lay things on it such as my phone, caller, and range finder.

Comment

Working...
              X