Garmin[emoji768] Xero A1i Ranging Bow Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
    How does it do with brush between you and the animal? For instance brush is at 20 yds but Bull is beyond?

Great question, can anyone help with this one ?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
      How does it do with brush between you and the animal? For instance brush is at 20 yds but Bull is beyond?

I don’t know from personal experience, but I heard it has the ability to display a preset pin(s) like a traditional fixed sight.

So, in this instance it would not be any different from ranging the target with a separate rangefinder and then selecting the appropriate pin to use taking into account the distance between the bush and your target.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
        I don’t know from personal experience, but I heard it has the ability to display a preset pin(s) like a traditional fixed sight.

So, in this instance it would not be any different from ranging the target with a separate rangefinder and then selecting the appropriate pin to use taking into account the distance between the bush and your target.
        Interesting. My main concern is getting in the heat of the hunt and there being a glitch and I don't have a pin or it gives me incorrect information. I screw things up enough on my own!!!

Comment

Got one of the A1's coming as of tomorrow. Found a used one, shot only once at an indoor range for $650. Hopefully this thing works as advertised.

Comment

Any updates from you guys on using this for a year or so? I am watching the ATA show blog updates to see if Garmin releases anything new for 2020, but really love the idea.

I have heard that the system requires reboots and gets stuck from time to time, but a firmware update fixed that. Other than that, I love the idea of a truly clear sight window!

Comment

Set up my new SR6 with it this year. Love it. Works great. Shot 5 animals using it this season. Going to South Africa with me in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kaspar139 View Post
                Any updates from you guys on using this for a year or so? I am watching the ATA show blog updates to see if Garmin releases anything new for 2020, but really love the idea.

I have heard that the system requires reboots and gets stuck from time to time, but a firmware update fixed that. Other than that, I love the idea of a truly clear sight window!

I have the garmin app downloaded on my computer and just check to see if there are any firmware updates before I leave on a hunt. I don’t believe there has been any during this hunting season. There was one back close to summer time that I can remember.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I am looking to add it over my traditional fixed pin. Looks bulky, but not terrible for what they are packing in on there!

Comment

I have hunted with mine for two seasons. Battery strength was still showing full but i changed them before the season to be safe. No issues with freezes, lockups or anything. Still loving it.

Comment

Garmin® Xero A1i Ranging Bow Sight

So the only way you can shoot your bow is if an electronic device works 100% of the time....??? Hold on Mr. Deer, I have to get a software update...

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        So the only way you can shoot your bow is if an electronic device works 100% of the time....??? Hold on Mr. Deer, I have to get a software update...

Yeah it runs off of electronics pretty similar to getting in your vehicle, hopping on your 4 wheeler or side by side to get to the stand, or you’re alarm going off on your phone in the morning...it can run without a firmware update...

Comment

That’s an expensive sight to have the thought in the back of my mind that if the battery goes dead or something internal happens and now I don’t have a sight. Looks awesome, but I’ll pass on it.

Comment

My wife uses one of these. It has functioned flawlessly for her. She absolutely loves it. Batteries last a really long time.

Comment

Good info. Guys that own, please keep posting updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X