Hunting with Matsuri in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
    I was able to get our flights yesterday for $1300 each, which was significantly less than I'd been able to find thus far, so I jumped on it. It will be Houston to DC to Johannesburg going over, the Johannesburg to Frankfurt to Houston coming home.

Good deal. Hope the next 8 months fly by[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I keep holding out for a one stop thru Atlanta. I think it’s wishful thinking.

Comment

Hunting with Matsuri in 2019

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        I keep holding out for a one stop thru Atlanta. I think it’s wishful thinking.

That flight was around $2500 each even with the under 11 discount for my son. I decided to save that $3500, well not really save it, but add a mule deer hunt in Colorado next month since it was budgeted for the hunt and I still have what I need to cover the animals and tips. Will have to start saving for excursions for my wife though.

I may be going back to Kenya in February. If I do, we’ll do a quick photo safari in Nairobi while we’re there which I’m sure will keep me jacked up. I had an awesome photo trip in July through Nairobi National Park.

And the best for last!!
        Last edited by tommy1005; 10-11-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
          I’m not sure if we have decided just yet.

Van is booking the accommodations for us in Krueger; either in Mopani or Shingwedzi camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is going to be here before we know it.

Comment

I can’t wait for the photos and stories to start coming in.

Comment

We rented a rifle the days we needed it instead of taking one with us.

Download the app Hopper and put in the flights you are looking for. It will watch flights for you and alert you when there is a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                  We rented a rifle the days we needed it instead of taking one with us.

Download the app Hopper and put in the flights you are looking for. It will watch flights for you and alert you when there is a good deal.
                  That is our plan for my wife if she decides she wants to shoot a Zebra.

Comment

for sure.....got my transport from Johannesburg to Polokwane. I'm now going to start working with riflepermits.com for my import permits and trying to go to CBP in Houston to get my form 4457 signed. Looking like that won't happen until the shutdown is over though from what I can tell on their website.

Comment

for sure.....got my transport from Johannesburg to Polokwane. I'm now going to start working with riflepermits.com for my import permits and trying to go to CBP in Houston to get my form 4457 signed. Looking like that won't happen until the shutdown is over though from what I can tell on their website.
                      We booked ours as well. Waiting on Van to let us know what camps he booked in Krueger.

My brother needs to get his pass port renewed as well

Other than practicing and packing we are ready

Comment

We booked ours as well. Waiting on Van to let us know what camps he booked in Krueger.

My brother needs to get his pass port renewed as well

Other than practicing and packing we are ready

We’re also waiting for my son’s passport to come back and trying to get him Global Entry since my wife and I both have it

Comment

Well. Apparently I spoke too soon. Passport for my son arrived in the mail today so that’s one more item off the list.

Comment

Well. Apparently I spoke too soon. Passport for my son arrived in the mail today so that’s one more item off the list.

That’s good news!

Comment

You will have a good hunt with Matsuri. Six of us hunted with them last June, and it was a blast! While the others bow hunted, I chose to rifle hunt since I had bow hunted my last trip over there. We took 31 animals between us. The ranch is big ~ 20,000 acres under 1 fence. My wife and sister-in-law hunted with me the majority of the time and we got to see the whole place and saw a lot of quality animals. I past on some animals I shouldn't have because they were not on my list for this trip. I plan on going back in 2020 and chasing those. Van will treat you good!

Comment

I hunted at matsuri in 2007, before they had their own outfit and killed a few nice critters. It’s a cool place, or at least it was back then. The trophy quality was in the top 2 out of the dozen or so places we went to. Y’all will have a blast.

Comment

Working...
                                X