Chill R broad head tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enewman View Post
    Old killer. Got a question. If the op has done is walk back. And is got that set say to at least 40 yards. All good groups to 60 as he states. Now he goes to a broad head. Now they are off. If they are grouping. Then why move the rest just move the sight. Once he moves his rest to get both to hit then he has moved his center shot

Or. He does not have his bow set as good as he thinks.
    His goal is to the field points and BH to have the same impact point. They don't do it now so you make the. The center shot may be right and may not be right. The fact is they are not together and you adjust to make it so.
    I am in Orange fish man, get in touch and I will make it right.

Comment

Odd question but does it paper tune? Have you tried modified French tuning? Any chance your grip is wrong?

Comment

I have always been of the opinion that almost no grip is wrong. There are some grips that may need to be changed, but I have found it easier to change the grip on the bow. The pressure (torque) applied to the riser will change the center shot of the bow. The most important factor is gripping the bow in a manner that you are able to repeat on every shot and especially when under pressure.

Comment

I feel like I have a consistent grip. Don't know if it is a good one or not, but when I got the bow that is one thing I worked on was to figure out my grip on this bow. I found the bow shoot much better if I push out (not hard)with the lower part of my hand. I am shooting consistent groups with both the broad heads and field tips just not flying together.
          I guess I have always been lucky with previous bows bc I have been able to just shoot it. Having to fine tune a bow like this is annoying when u spend as much money as they cost and then have to spend this much time to get them tuned. Guess that's just part of the newer high performance bows.

Comment

Originally posted by fisher__man View Post
            Ok I moved my rest a small amount to the right. Now my broad heads are hitting where I aim but my field tips are now 2-3" to the right. Am I chasing something that I might not get (broad heads and field points the same). I would like them to shoot the same. What now?
            Move it again. It should get BH closer to FP. I have had to do this 4 times to get them where I want them. After you move the rest first sight in with FP then BH. Or drive to Orange and let me fix it. My Chill R and my HTR put everything in a 10 ring
            at 70yds.

Comment

I am experiencing the same thing with my Chill. Shooting field points into target center. Then when I put on the broadheads they fly low and left, but group together. Thought the arrows might be under spined. So tried a 330 arrow and they flew the same way. Low and left. The arrows also fly well out of my sons Craze and out of a buddies Z7. So decided it was a tuning issue with my bow. Going to the bow shop in the morning.

Its very frustrating to have this happening. Especially after spending so much time getting the field points dialed in.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                Move it again. It should get BH closer to FP. I have had to do this 4 times to get them where I want them. After you move the rest first sight in with FP then BH. Or drive to Orange and let me fix it. My Chill R and my HTR put everything in a 10 ring
                at 70yds.
                I will try moving it a little more but i can only move it about 1/16" before getting vane contact

Comment

Originally posted by fisher__man View Post
                  I will try moving it a little more but i can only move it about 1/16" before getting vane contact
                  You should not be having this many problems with this now.

Let's start at the beginning. Make sure ata is correct. Make sure brace is correct. Set centershot to 13/16. Set arrow level through center of burger hole. Make sure tiller is even. Make sure cams are in sync at full draw. Do not care at rest. But Make sure cable is in or close to center of hole on cam at rest. They may not be equal once sync is set.

Draw bow look at cams and see how much lean you have some no big deal should look like string is pulling to the right.

Now set up target shoulder height. Hang a string. And shoot string. Adjust sight only till arrow hits string. This should be done around 3 ft. The. Back up to 20 yards and shoot a group at string. Then post pic.

If your that close to riser to make fletchings contact something is incorrect.
                  Last edited by enewman; 11-11-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I set my center shot at 13/16 and adjust my limbs axles too tune. Make sure your limbs are in time. Your cams are in time. It shouldn't be this hard.

Comment

Ok I did some more messing with my bow. after playing with my rest a bunch I had no success , my slick trick mags would not pair up with my field points. Everything is good on the bow brace height, axel to axel, walk back tune..... So I went to the bow shop and talked to them about. Well they gave me some different broad heads to try out G5 strikers, and some advice( move the rest around). I went home and shot them with field points. Not together, moved rest a little and they got closer. Moved rest a little more and wallah shooting together. Shot them out to 60 and are flying the same as field points. Tried the slick tricks again and they will not fly like my field points which is a bummer bc I have quite a few of them. Guess I will be going to the broadhead swap page and see if someone wants to trade some strikers for slick trick mags.

Comment

Why do you want to get rid of them. Just because they don't group with your field points dosent mean anything. If they group together out to what ever yardage. Then adjust your sight and use them. Years ago you shot field points in off season. And resighted in with broadheads in hunting season. If you like that broadhead use them up.

If it bothers you that much. Then you need to work on our tune some more. Some broadheads tune easy some a littler harder. Your just not quite there.

Comment

I do like the slick trick broad heads but do not have to shoo them only. They shot great in my old bow so I shot them. If they shot great in this bow I would shoot them, but they do not. If it takes that much to tune these broad heads I will move on to the next ones. I am not sold on any particular head just one that flys with my field points, is strong and sharp. I have already spent enough time trying to tune my bow to the slick tricks so on to the next ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X