No announcement yet.

Blood Trail and Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I play this bow hunting game, the less I concern myself with blood trails. The Mech's do put down the blood.

But I am starting to see a lot of animals hit with super sharp 2 blades run about 40 yards and just stand there. Then down.

Same with pigs. It's like they don't know they are hit. When I used Mech's, the animals ran and I mean like they KNEW something was wrong.

I lost a few, a few weird things happened and I lost confidence.

Will report more on this. I just wonder, do we care if they are close or if they bleed alot.

Both is good.

I am a curious bugger.

Comment

Rage has left the best blood trails for me, closely followed by Grim Reapers, I've tried a couple of different fixed blades, but none of them compared to the Rage or Grim Reaper.

Comment

Have had incredible luck with Rage 2 blades but a lot of it is due to shot placement and angle. Heres from a doe shot at 15yrds from 17ft up quartering away.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
          I always have same results with Rage 2 blades. Hard for me to understand the hate. Bad shot is a bad shot, no matter which broad head

With a Rage 2 Blade - "You just have to hit them in the Deer" - You will find them

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=492979

This is a thread from last year of a doe i shot.. Only thing from keeping it from blowing through was the feeder leg. Rages have worked for me and have seriously helped with poor shots by leaving good blood trails.
            Wow what a pic. Did you ever upload the video

Comment

Rage hypodermics and Slick trick mags.

Comment

Not sure a 2 blade rage can be beat on the blood trails. This is from a hypodermic
                Attached Files

Comment

Rage all day, everyday!

Comment

Grim reapers. Don't need blood trail when you watch'em drop!

Comment

Anarchy 1-1/2". Very accurste, durable, great penetration, and they make a big hole on the way in and out. I was skeptical that a 2 blade head could do a much damage as a Magnus Black Hornet or a Grizz Trick, but it does and penetrtes better.

Comment

Shwacker if the shot placement is on....

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                          I don't think it matters; it's shot placement, angle and what muscle or skin may cover the entrance, exit holes.
                          I agree. You can shoot a deer with a rifle using a wildly expanding bullet but if the entry and exit wounds are even a little high, the blood can pool inside the body and leave little to no trail. You could put a field point through the heart and get lots of blood.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Not sure a 2 blade rage can be beat on the blood trails. This is from a hypodermic
                            I remember seeing this one and that is just unreal. I've had some outstanding blood trails, but never one that heavy for that far! My best blood trails have come from the old 2 blade 2.5 inch vortex heads, rages, and 85gr thunderheads. My worst blood trails were from simmons Land Sharks, but they kill well and kill quick.

Comment

Rage Hypodermics...

Comment

Great info at least it narrows down the playing field a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X