The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
    I heard the back door method for checking if you drew a tag in New Mexico is working.

For Elk.... Log into the state website and try and buy a License. If it allows you to add it to your cart then you d not draw. This only works if you asked for a refund if you did not draw.

If you applied for multiple species you can apply for private land licenses for those species.

Not 100% this is accurate...I hope not because I was able to add a new license to mine
    Yeah - hope you're totally wrong about this. I just tried for me and my wife and I was able to add a regular hunting license to both of our carts.

Comment

My brother got OIL oryx and youth oryx. Not sure if the elk draw has been run yet.

Comment

We just got word we got our Montana big game tags for 2014. The bull in my profile picture was from 2010 public land.

Hunted bull muzzleloader in AZ last November also, shot a ratty bull on opening day but didn't put in an application since I just moved to Corpus.

Comment

[ATTACH]615595[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'm hunting just south of Butte and Bozeman MT this year. If I get a full set of Sitka gear, would that work for that area? I've never been to MT. Any camp suggestions would surely help me out.

Comment

Me too Coonazz.....

I've seen guys that have checked theirs and it changes but I have checked multiple times and always the same result.

Comment

Well then!!!! Looks like I'm in!!!
                not sure if it's deer or elk?

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                  Well then!!!! Looks like I'm in!!!
                  not sure if it's deer or elk?
                  Try adding a Private deer license in the system. If you can add a private license then you drew Elk, If you can't then you drew deer or both.

Again, this method is unsubstantiated....I have not seen this in the past.

Good luck

Comment

Try adding a Private deer license in the system. If you can add a private license then you drew Elk, If you can't then you drew deer or both.

Again, this method is unsubstantiated....I have not seen this in the past.

Good luck
                    Yup. Can't buy private land deer ether. Says hunter already has deer.

Hopefully both!!!!!
                    Last edited by ELKAHOLIC; 04-21-2014, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Put in for Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, Montana, Main and New Hapshire. Come on tag gods! Give me some!

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                        Yup. Can't buy private land deer ether. Says hunter already has deer.

Hopefully both!!!!!
                        Hope both as well....knowing you, your Deer tag is probably no slouch.

Comment

I just talked to the NMDGF. They said draw results would be out on the 23rd...

Comment

Well if you log into your NM account and select "my purchases" and your Game hunt combo says sold and is highligted in green with a 4/19/2014 date....you got a tag.

You'll still have to wait til Wed to see exactly what you drew.

Congrats to those that drew

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                              I'm hunting just south of Butte and Bozeman MT this year. If I get a full set of Sitka gear, would that work for that area? I've never been to MT. Any camp suggestions would surely help me out.
                              Heck, call Sitka. They are based out of Bozeman, you may also want to check out KUIU. I have hunted eastern Montana and it can be HOT or cold as heck, never been further west. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Well if you log into your NM account and select "my purchases" and your Game hunt combo says sold and is highligted in green with a 4/19/2014 date....you got a tag.

You'll still have to wait til Wed to see exactly what you drew.

Congrats to those that drew
                                This is my first year putting in for draws in NM. Is the green highled license a sure method of knowing you drew something?

Comment

Working...
                                X