The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elk Thread

I'm gonna roll the dice again this year and out in for the gila. We shall see what transpires.

Comment

Trying to get things planned out here....
      CO:
      Could do archery pronghorn OTC, but will probably be scouting so may skip it...
      Archery elk OTC for me, same for my wife
      2nd rifle cow elk for me, maybe for my wife as well
      3rd rifle mule deer for me
      Still trying to figure out how this is going to screw up my fly fishing....oh well.

Who knows, I may change all that up by the time apps go in....

COLORADO has an April 1st deadline this year, a little earlier than the last few years!

Comment

Anybody ever hunted unit 80 in Colorado and can give me any info on it.

Comment

Jason, that's one hell of a season you got planned out buddy. Sounds awesome!

Comment

I just bought a PP for elk in CO (we are going OTC Archery for elk)

Applied for Archery Deer. Good odds of drawing....so hopefully a few in our group will draw.
            If I don't draw deer then will buy a bear tag in August. I might buy one even if I do draw a deer tag.

Comment

AZ entered, UT entered, WY points, Will try hard for a NM tag, staying away from the hard to draw tags this year. If all fails I guess it will be CO OTC for me.

Comment

WY- points
                AZ- applied
                UT- applied
                CO- points
                NV- will apply when regs come out
                NM- praying for a low random number again....if not, LO Voucher for me this year

Comment

Just booked a MT hunt for sept. anyone know anything about hunting MT?

Comment

elkbowhunter has done allot in MT.

Who did you book with? Private land or Public? I know a few guys that do really good on private.

Comment

It's private land. 5 days, 3 guys. We have the whole place to ourselves. Fully guided. Supposed to be quite a few big bulls on the ranch and surrounding properties.

Comment

I envy you guys that hunt elk in multiple states in the same year. I have one week each year to hunt elk so I'm a one trick pony....lol.

Comment

Being private you should do good. What HD are you going to hunt? Central/eastern are your hotspots. If you look up records you'll see Randy Ulmer and Chuck Adams have the records on several big elk there. I'm putting in around the breaks this year, only to build points but, I'll most likely be south of the Big Timber area.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            I envy you guys that hunt elk in multiple states in the same year. I have one week each year to hunt elk so I'm a one trick pony....lol.
                            I think most of us only hunt one state but enter the lottery for several. I know I try and get tags in several states but only end up with one tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                              Being private you should do good. What HD are you going to hunt? Central/eastern are your hotspots. If you look up records you'll see Randy Ulmer and Chuck Adams have the records on several big elk there. I'm putting in around the breaks this year, only to build points but, I'll most likely be south of the Big Timber area.
                              This place is about 45 miles south of Butte and Bozeman MT.

Comment

Unit 15 and 16a again for NM this year, if not I am doing a LO tag

Comment

Working...
                                X