No announcement yet.

Why do we lie to our kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you trying to say? Say it’s not so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More preaching and an attempt to tell everyone else their views and parenting is incorrect......

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
        Its still a lie. Can they still enjoy the holiday and not have a lie perpetuated? We celebrate Halloween and most kids dont believe that ghosts and goblins are real.

I bet you’re a lot of fun at social gatherings [emoji849][emoji849]

Comment

My wife and I used to tell our kids we were in our bedroom talking. We lied to them a lot.

Comment

You lie to your kids every time you say “ we’ll see.”

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
              You should confuse the heck out of them and tell them Christmas was traditionally a Pagan holiday to celebrate the winter solstice. Christians started using the same traditions and celebrated it at the same time to get more Pagans to convert. Since most would not let go of all of their traditions the Christians "borrowed" their ideas and changed them up a little.

Christ wasn't born in December just for those who didn't know. ( Most likely summer or autumn.)
              But... but.... but... but what about Easter?!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                My wife and I used to tell our kids we were in our bedroom talking. We lied to them a lot.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                You lie to your kids every time you say “ we’ll see.”

Sinners!!!

Comment

The lie that Santa Claus is real and delivers gifts to every child in the world in one night. Is that not a lie that is told to kids? Whats a good lie, vs a bad lie?

If she asks if her butt looks fat....the answer is no (Good Lie)

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Sinners!!!

If I told them what we were really doing, they could never look their momma in the eye again.[emoji2369][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Told my kids from the beginning that Santa was not how they got their gifts and that he was a cartoon.

They joke that I ruined their childhood as they are now teenagers.

Comment

My parents never really made me believe in Santa. I always knew that they purchased the gifts. It didn't bother me one bit growing up either. I didn't get into the whole Santa thing until I married my wife.
                        I called Dr. Phil and we agree your issue is not with Santa but with your wife. TBH is the correct place for life coaching.

Comment

If I told them what we were really doing, they could never look their momma in the eye again.[emoji2369][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pooooooor Jenny..

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
                            Because kids are pure and as a parent, we hope to walk them into the reality of how cruel life can be and not just kick them into the deep end of the pool.

It's our job as parents to lead our children into becoming stand up people. Same as teaching them to manage money, build a foundation to earn a living, etc....
                            Thank you for your post. Right On!

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                              So you and your spouse want a little intimate time during the day. So do you tell the child that y'all are going to take a nap, or I'm going to b*** your mother ?
                              I’d just tell em mommy and daddy are gonna play hide the banana! There’s that.

Comment

…and there he is!

I was wondering when you would show up. This is one of those nuggets of a subject that seem to really get you stimulated.

Comment

Working...
                                X