Why do we lie to our kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
    So when your kid comes to you at age 3 and ask where babies come from you give them the full birds and bees talk at 3? By your logic every question asked by your kids should be answered with absolute truth and that just doesn’t work with the evil world we live in. Unless you want them mentally scarred at a very young age.
    This is the unsung hero of comments right here...

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
      SaltwaterSlick, what happened to this guy:
      CHRISTWASLOVE

Still here. Few things have changed however... After several life events, including burying my only son, I have decided to stand for Christ no matter what. Believing in Santa Claus has zippo with defending Christ. It's a family, national and even a world tradition. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I can love someone strongly and disagree with them, even not "like" them. It's not hard to do with the mindset of Christ. To have someone pass judgement on parents/grandparents/families because they choose to celebrate Christmas by including family traditions is ludicrous and I called it out. The subject is as old as Santa Claus... It gets brought up every year and has NEVER been resolved and will NEVER be resolved. THAT's why I suggested to take it to the PACE forum.
      I hope you have a great Christmas Season however you choose to celebrate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        He was killed by a reindeer that was rutting hard. We don't like to talk about it.

Hook, line and sinker!!

Comment

Lol.

You do you.

My kids still believe in Santa. I'm okay with it.

Comment

Christmas has nothing to do with a mystical Santa Claus. We taught our kids and celebrated the birth of Christ. Teach them young. Let them see you celebrate and worship the Lord. It's the only way to go.

Comment

Santa’s not real? Dammit man!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                Christmas has nothing to do with a mystical Santa Claus. We taught our kids and celebrated the birth of Christ. Teach them young. Let them see you celebrate and worship the Lord. It's the only way to go.
                They can see that 365 days a year, and a little "santa" isn't going to detract from that at all. So no presents either?

Comment

Just let it run it’s course bro. Kids find out. And when they do it kinda takes away the magic of Christmas. At least it did for me. Enjoy the season while telling them the “reason for the season”.

Comment

I have nothing. Absolutely nothing !!

Comment

And we wonder why we have so many conspiracy theorists on here. Lol. OP, Treyro said it best. Only you can decide how to raise your kids. I'm sorry so many on here chose to "pass judgement" on your parenting decision because you have chosen not to continue the Santa tradition. I'm also sorry everyone jumped on you for trying to discuss some trivial, non-hunting subject. 90% of the threads on here are trivial, non-hunting threads. Good luck with your kiddos.

Comment

Santa is real! Long ago, he transcended his earthly body to become mythological, and is now embodied, in spirit, by legions of loving parents. My parents were Santa, and now my wife and I are Santa. To be clear, that spirit is not a replacement for the Nativity. Andre3K, if you want to kill the spirit of Santa in your house, and deny that spirit to your children, that is your choice. I will honor and commemorate that tiny death with a glass of eggnog and a sugar cookie shaped like ein Tannenbaum!

Merry Christmas!

cricman

Comment

My boy is 8 and we told him last Christmas that Santa isn't real. He didn't care as long as the presents keep coming. I also explain to him routinely that not everyone is nice and that some people out there will screw you over given the chance. He may be young for these talks but he's smart beyond his years.

Comment

I’m late to the party but have pulled up a chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                              And we wonder why we have so many conspiracy theorists on here. Lol. OP, Treyro said it best. Only you can decide how to raise your kids. I'm sorry so many on here chose to "pass judgement" on your parenting decision because you have chosen not to continue the Santa tradition. I'm also sorry everyone jumped on you for trying to discuss some trivial, non-hunting subject. 90% of the threads on here are trivial, non-hunting threads. Good luck with your kiddos.

Are you sorry he called everybody liars who celebrate Christmas with Santa Claus as well? ....or are you just a one sided apologist?

Comment

So you and your spouse want a little intimate time during the day. So do you tell the child that y'all are going to take a nap, or I'm going to b*** your mother ?

Comment

Working...
                                X