No announcement yet.

Why do we lie to our kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are certainly lots of 'lies' out there we need to vociferously combat. Like:
    Rabbits (Bugs Bunny) can talk.
    Curly could still see after Moe poked his fingers into his eyes.
    Big purple dinosaurs can sing.
    Turtles can go all 'Ninja' on someone.
    Grab the pitchforks! Let's go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post

To be a Christian parent and teaching my kids about Christ and the bible. It would seem unfathomable to include Santa Claus and reindeer into that narrative. But yet I have done it.

I can't teach my children the truth while telling them a lie.
      Apparently, you can. In your mind, that's what you've been doing. If you have to ask questions about how to reconcile "Santa Clause" in your mind, navigating the rest of the world must be impossible.

What is the real reason you're grasping for attention? That's really seems to be all this is.
      Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-16-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        To all you people who say "is it deer season yet?", I give you Exhibit A. It doesn't matter. In fact, some of the posts are even weirder DURING season.
        Tags must be filled…..

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Take this **** to the PACE! This **** argument has been going on since there has been an America, maybe longer! It ain't gonna be solved here and it's totally a waste of time.
          Guess this is one time I should have hit the back button, but ****!
          SaltwaterSlick, what happened to this guy:
          CHRISTWASLOVE

Comment

I can see where you want your kids to understand that Jesus is real and santa is fake , but the part about not not lying to them is a bit off. If you only were to tell the truth would you tell them they are ugly as soap or that they were stupid? No you try and encourage them to feel good about them selves. Kids are a lot smarter than you give them credit for. There are a lot of things they can figure out on their own. With this logic they would not be allowed to watch anything other than factual documentaries. TV and movies are fake. The truth is good but so is letting a kid be a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Apparently, you can.

What is the real reason you're grasping for attention? That's really all this is.
              I guess my question really triggered a lot of people on here. It was a question that I posed to myself after I was discussing honesty and telling the truth with my own kids. My wife mentioned Elf on the Shelf and I wasn't feeling it this year. I just talked to my kids about being honest and not lying, and then I would turn right around a perpetuate a lie about an elf. It didn't seem right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
                SaltwaterSlick, what happened to this guy:
                CHRISTWASLOVE

Comment

I was close with about 19 cousins that were all roughly the same age. 16 of us believed in santa. 2 grew up knowing there was no Santa. Those two are doing long stints in TDCJ. There's your evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    I was close with about 19 cousins that were all roughly the same age. 16 of us believed in santa. 2 grew up knowing there was no Santa. Those two are doing long stints in TDCJ. There's your evidence.
                    what happened to the last cousin?

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                      what happened to the last cousin?
                      He was killed by a reindeer that was rutting hard. We don't like to talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
                        Because kids are pure and as a parent, we hope to walk them into the reality of how cruel life can be and not just kick them into the deep end of the pool.

It's our job as parents to lead our children into becoming stand up people. Same as teaching them to manage money, build a foundation to earn a living, etc....
                        This is about as good of an explanation as can be told.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Another added to the list of things I never thought I’d see on TBH
                          Man... no joke, and during huntin season. way off topic, but it sure is gonna be good huntin weather this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            He was killed by a reindeer that was rutting hard. We don't like to talk about it.

Winner of Best Response on this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Andre... go watch Polar Express and chill out.

Comment

RIP Santa Claus

Comment

Working...
                                X