No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 1 waterfowl season kicked off up here!!! Been a heck of a first 4 days, especially being my first season ever hunting ducks on my own and not with a buddy that is showing me the ropes or on a single hunt with a guide a year. Have learned a lot on just 4 days of hunting, especially when it comes to calling. Since the season opens so early up here a lot of birds are young or not plumed out yet. Can’t wait for October when they look a lot better. Been hunting strictly marsh but am thinking of doing some river hunting in the next few days.

Couple teaser limit LDP’s for the thread…

Opening morning, done by 7:00am with teal and wigeon

Yesterday and today…

Comment

My folks are coming up to visit later this week and taking my dad duck hunting for his first time ever. Should be a pretty good time. Excited to try out some new backpack layout blinds I got that I’m thinking will be a game changer compared to using/building a blind.

Comment

Les, get ya some, son!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          September 1 waterfowl season kicked off up here!!! Been a heck of a first 4 days, especially being my first season ever hunting ducks on my own and not with a buddy that is showing me the ropes or on a single hunt with a guide a year. Have learned a lot on just 4 days of hunting, especially when it comes to calling. Since the season opens so early up here a lot of birds are young or not plumed out yet. Can’t wait for October when they look a lot better. Been hunting strictly marsh but am thinking of doing some river hunting in the next few days.

Couple teaser limit LDP’s for the thread…

Opening morning, done by 7:00am with teal and wigeon

Yesterday and today…

Looks like fun, where are you at in AK?

Comment

Nice job diamond10X!

Comment

Congrats diamond!

Comment

Teal started showing up by the hundreds today in Chambers county!

Let’s goooooo!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Teal started showing up by the hundreds today in Chambers county!

Let’s goooooo!!!!!!!
                  Saturday morning can't come soon enough!!

Comment

I was out Saturday morning and had a group of 35 or so Canadians fly over just above the trees. Public lands. They were heading to a close by planted field. I just gotta figure out where they are roosting for the goose opener. They are in the west zone. But hope they stick around.

Monday, I noticed another local tank I watch for ducks to arrive, had a flock of about 20 Canadas on it. First time I've seen them there. These were 50 miles from the other group. No ducks on the tank though.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Because of the drought, we got access to some places we have never been able to work before. The ranch really wants all the non- native plants and trees off, and the owner puts his pocketbook where his mouth is. They have spayed thousands of tallow trees, and I've been in a dozer knockin them down and piling them up to burn. Well... with all the rain down there lately, we didn't get to burn, but got a lot down, but many more to go. Here are a couple of videos. It filled back up in a week!

Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                        Because of the drought, we got access to some places we have never been able to work before. The ranch really wants all the non- native plants and trees off, and the owner puts his pocketbook where his mouth is. They have spayed thousands of tallow trees, and I've been in a dozer knockin them down and piling them up to burn. Well... with all the rain down there lately, we didn't get to burn, but got a lot down, but many more to go. Here are a couple of videos. It filled back up in a week!

https://youtu.be/Gku2zpPxR80

Nice!
                        Good Luck to You & that old marshrat brother (LOL) of yours this seson!!

Comment

Drove around Anahuac, Winnie Etc this AM. Didn't see many birds ,but I'm sure they are there, just not where I could see them. Lots of big flooded flats on the closed part of the refuge & around Jenkins were empty. That surprised me. They won't be like that after the shooting starts. LOL!
                          Will go run west & Sw of houston friday.
                          Will be seeing a lot of these starting Sat!

Comment

Some teal are gonna die in Nada tomorrow morning.

Comment

Not going to make the teal season this year. Post up all the pics you can, I gotta live thru you guys this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Nice!
                                Good Luck to You & that old marshrat brother (LOL) of yours this seson!!
                                Thanks! My brother and I both take being called a marshrat as a compliment!

Good luck to all. Be safe!
                                Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                                X