Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
txpitdog
Pope & Young
 
txpitdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kingwood
Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK
Default Stranger danger

Yesterday our school sent out an email stating that at 10am some chucklehead was at the fenceline taking pictures of the kids, and the day before some fool (not sure if it was the same person) was in the bushes watching the kids. Coulda been some kids dad, coulda been a pedo...but in this day and time that's a pretty good way to end up nibbling on the grille of my F150.

So at dinner I explain what happened to my kids. Ages 6, 8, and 9. I shook em up pretty good. We talked about not talking to strangers but also that they need to be aware when out in the front yard and to look out for one another. My boys look out for each other and both look out for their younger sister. Best thing to do is to come inside if they aren't sure; or find a teacher. Be on the lookout for people who pass by the house more than once and cars that slow down or roll down their window.

I've also told them that if anyone ever grabs them to bite the **** outta the person. Bite em in the face, poke the eyes, scream STRANGER as loud as possible, and that no amount of violence is wrong if someone is trying to grab them. I don't care if it's some 86 year old grandma with a walker, I'd rather deal with the lawsuit after my kid bit her top lip off and blinded her than the risk of the alternative.

So, obviously it took a while to settle them down for bed. Afterwards, I got to wondering if there is a better way or anything else we need to teach them. So, if y'all have any suggestions I'm all ears. Ears. Oh yeah I told them to bite those too, shake like a dog, and tear em off if they could. Just hold them off until daddy, his dog, and his shotgun could get there to help them.
txpitdog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
highspeed
Ten Point
 
highspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Matagorda
Hunt In: Matagorda, Gillespie, & Zavala County
Default

There are some bad people out there. I was 9 getting ready to show my 4H project at the fair and rodeo when I was followed into the bathroom by a carnie-man. My parents were waiting for me outside of the bathroom. I was in the stall changing clothes when I seen from under the door, someone that was kneeling down holding a large skinning knife. Talk about being scared. I acted like I didn't see him and moved around a bit like I was getting dressed. He started getting anxious/nervous and beat on the wall and told me to hurry up. I told him I was hurrying and was almost done. Then I heard a couple of guys come in to the bathroom and he jumped up, put away his knife and took off. I flung the door open, about hit the guy, stopped and looked at him, and took off outta there. I told my parents what had happened and pointed the guy out. We found a deputy working the arena and told him what happened and they said that they would "keep an eye out". It hurt when they blew it off.
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:05 AM   #3
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Awareness is key. I live in a small community, the kind where folks still leave their doors unlocked etc. I think that lulls folks to a false comfort at times. I try to impress upon him that there are bad people who want to harm children.

To drive that home we had a teenage girl that was nearly taken last summer in the middle of the afternoon.

But I know when he is playing with his friends he's not aware of his surroundings.

Good job on teaching sensory system incapacitation attack techniques. It might save his life.

The situation at your kids school sounds like a predator and the same one. Scary
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
BigL
Pope & Young
 
BigL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Hunt In: San Saba, Burnet
Default

Warn them about strangers asking if they have seen a lost puppy. Was at a playground and heard someone drive up and ask a kid that who was close to the street. Wasn't my kid but I was closest to the street of the adults there and made sure I started moving that direction and he saw me and left quickly. I was able to get his license plate and called it in.

I would also warn of strangers offering anything like candy, etc as well.

Last edited by BigL; 04-08-2016 at 10:13 AM.
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #5
Christianhuff
Ten Point
 
Christianhuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Collin County
Hunt In: Kansas, Oklahoma, Collin County
Default

This is why me and my kids take Ju-Jitsu!
Christianhuff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #6
Nado
Eight Point
 
Nado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Corpus Christi
Default

I dont have kids but it seems this sora thing is on the rise, there was a report of someone grabbing a little girl and trying to get her to their car last week at an elementary. They pushed and shoved him away just enough to get the indvidual to leave her alone. At the school parking lot i believe. Keep teaching your kids to be on the look out for strangers.
Nado is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #7
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

My question to the OP's original statement is why weren't the police called and the person questioned etc....In Burnet where my daughter goes to school, anything that is suspicious is investigated.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #8
JayB
Ten Point
 
JayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Cass County
Default

Sometimes the harsh reality and a little shake up is what really gets the kids attention. I think some things can't be sugar coated and downsized for the kids to hear. Your explanation was good, because it got their attention and caused them to think. You know your kids best. I say "good job Dad"!
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:26 AM   #9
sailor
Pope & Young
 
sailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas
Default

IMHO.......
These things, seem to be more frequent.........
Because,our so called justice system, doesn't deal with them, the way I would.......
Anyone,who would hurt a child,deserves,a short rope and a tall tree.
sailor is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #10
tvc184
Pope & Young
 
tvc184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Golden Triangle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Awareness is key. I live in a small community, the kind where folks still leave their doors unlocked etc. I think that lulls folks to a false comfort at times. I try to impress upon him that there are bad people who want to harm children.

To drive that home we had a teenage girl that was nearly taken last summer in the middle of the afternoon.

But I know when he is playing with his friends he's not aware of his surroundings.

Good job on teaching sensory system incapacitation attack techniques. It might save his life.

The situation at your kids school sounds like a predator and the same one. Scary
Have people google Texas sex offenders and use the Texas state website to run offenders by zip code.

That is only the "known" offenders that have been caught, convicted and are out. Triple that (at least) for the ones that have not yet been caught and it is an eye opener. I doubt there is anyone that is living in any community that is more than 3 blocks from a sex offender. Toss in other types of crimes and it make tend to take away some of that security feeling.

... or maybe it won't. Every time we see some big event on the news, there is a neighbor saying, "I didn't think that would ever happen here".
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
highspeed
Ten Point
 
highspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Matagorda
Hunt In: Matagorda, Gillespie, & Zavala County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
IMHO.......
These things, seem to be more frequent.........
Because,our so called justice system, doesn't deal with them, the way I would.......
Anyone,who would hurt a child,deserves,a short rope and a tall tree.
Yep. Stand them under a tree, pull the rope around their neck tight, and lop there legs off at the knees. That's my opinion.
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #12
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianhuff View Post
This is why me and my kids take Ju-Jitsu!
Mine too, but when a predator intent on harm is the attacker BJJ only works in principle. I didn't trust my son to be able to maneuver a grown man's center of gravity or choke/submit an adult. Certainly he gains some skills such as stabilizing his base, escaping holds and some attacks. But ultimately attacking sensory organs to partially incapacitate an attacker is what will provide an attempt to get to safety.

Any martial art is a good base, but they are all limited to the fact that they are taught within the confines of "rules". Even MMA has something 50 rules that forbid certain holds and strikes. In a real life attack, rules go out the window. Kill or be killed
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #13
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Few months ago, my 8 year old came home from school saying they had a little training about escaping someone trying to grab them. Apparently they were shown things such as stepping on their foot or poking at their eyes but only enough to hurt them, not cause injury. They did atleast tell them that number one was scream loud as they could.

This did not set well with me at all!! Told him that's fine for bully's or little skirmishes on playground but if it's a stranger trying to take him, I want his fingers in their eyes looking for the back of their skull. I want him screaming, scratching, biting, kicking in the **** and whatever it takes to get away. That's when he told me the LEO lady there said they shouldn't kick someone in the groin. I was shocked. Immediately placed a call to a local LEO friend that works with her. He didn't like hearing my son say that either. He took it to his supervisor. Sounded like She was going to get some instruction in giving better advice. I hope!
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #14
txpitdog
Pope & Young
 
txpitdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kingwood
Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
My question to the OP's original statement is why weren't the police called and the person questioned etc....In Burnet where my daughter goes to school, anything that is suspicious is investigated.

Police were called but the person had already left the area. A description of the man was included with the email from the school. White male, mid 30's, long hair, type of clothing. Coulda been a kid's dad, coulda been someone bad. Minivan mom patrol was out in force this morning!
txpitdog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #15
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

I taught my kids about stranger danger similar to you. Now any time my daughter thinks I'm annoying her she screams stranger danger.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #16
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Police were called but the person had already left the area. A description of the man was included with the email from the school. White male, mid 30's, long hair, type of clothing. Coulda been a kid's dad, coulda been someone bad. Minivan mom patrol was out in force this morning!

Thats good to hear. Something that is pretty cool that Burnet schools have is the Watch Dog program. Basically Dads, Uncles, Grandpas etc... volunteer to spend the day at the school helping out. they monitor the halls, monitor the play grounds etc... I had several moms com up and tell me that they feel better knowing several dads were up at the school looking after their kids.

http://www.fathers.com/watchdogs/wat...FQqoaQodLFgN-Q
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #17
Backwoods101
Pope & Young
 
Backwoods101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Needville
Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I taught my kids about stranger danger similar to you. Now any time my daughter thinks I'm annoying her she screams stranger danger.
Thanks for the comic relief lol. There isn't a worse individual imo than a child predator. And I find a hard time believing they can be fixed as far as punishment or rehabilitation, I say hang em all.
Backwoods101 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #18
helim83
Ten Point
 
helim83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: corpus christi, tx
Hunt In: Any and everywhere i can!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Mine too, but when a predator intent on harm is the attacker BJJ only works in principle. I didn't trust my son to be able to maneuver a grown man's center of gravity or choke/submit an adult. Certainly he gains some skills such as stabilizing his base, escaping holds and some attacks. But ultimately attacking sensory organs to partially incapacitate an attacker is what will provide an attempt to get to safety.

Any martial art is a good base, but they are all limited to the fact that they are taught within the confines of "rules". Even MMA has something 50 rules that forbid certain holds and strikes. In a real life attack, rules go out the window. Kill or be killed
My daughter and I both take BJJ and it is a good base. She also knows that if anyone tries to grab her to start screamin and runnin, and if they have a hold of her to go for them nutz and them peepers. Also, make sure that your kiddos have your cell phone number and dress MEMORIZED, not just saved in their phone.
helim83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #19
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvc184 View Post
Have people google Texas sex offenders and use the Texas state website to run offenders by zip code.

That is only the "known" offenders that have been caught, convicted and are out. Triple that (at least) for the ones that have not yet been caught and it is an eye opener. I doubt there is anyone that is living in any community that is more than 3 blocks from a sex offender. Toss in other types of crimes and it make tend to take away some of that security feeling.

... or maybe it won't. Every time we see some big event on the news, there is a neighbor saying, "I didn't think that would ever happen here".
Our county lists it as part of the Sherriff's office website, I check it several times per year.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #20
Tower43
Eight Point
 
Tower43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin
Default

The stranger kidnapping sexual assault, is much more rare than people think it is compared to 80-90 percent of the time kids are being sexually assaulted by someone you know. Either family, or that guy who "is just so good with kids".

Be more careful of the nice guy who is gaining your trust, that's how this stuff really happens, people are more comfortable thinking its strangers doing this stuff

Sorry for the side track and to the op, yes you were right on
Tower43 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #21
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower43 View Post
The stranger kidnapping sexual assault, is much more rare than people think it is compared to 80-90 percent of the time kids are being sexually assaulted by someone you know. Either family, or that guy who "is just so good with kids".

Be more careful of the nice guy who is gaining your trust, that's how this stuff really happens, people are more comfortable thinking its strangers doing this stuff

Sorry for the side track and to the op, yes you were right on

This is very true!!!
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #22
FCoDxDart
Six Point
 
FCoDxDart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Flatonia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Yesterday our school sent out an email stating that at 10am some chucklehead was at the fenceline taking pictures of the kids, and the day before some fool (not sure if it was the same person) was in the bushes watching the kids. Coulda been some kids dad, coulda been a pedo...but in this day and time that's a pretty good way to end up nibbling on the grille of my F150.

So at dinner I explain what happened to my kids. Ages 6, 8, and 9. I shook em up pretty good. We talked about not talking to strangers but also that they need to be aware when out in the front yard and to look out for one another. My boys look out for each other and both look out for their younger sister. Best thing to do is to come inside if they aren't sure; or find a teacher. Be on the lookout for people who pass by the house more than once and cars that slow down or roll down their window.

I've also told them that if anyone ever grabs them to bite the **** outta the person. Bite em in the face, poke the eyes, scream STRANGER as loud as possible, and that no amount of violence is wrong if someone is trying to grab them. I don't care if it's some 86 year old grandma with a walker, I'd rather deal with the lawsuit after my kid bit her top lip off and blinded her than the risk of the alternative.

So, obviously it took a while to settle them down for bed. Afterwards, I got to wondering if there is a better way or anything else we need to teach them. So, if y'all have any suggestions I'm all ears. Ears. Oh yeah I told them to bite those too, shake like a dog, and tear em off if they could. Just hold them off until daddy, his dog, and his shotgun could get there to help them.
I don't have kids yet, but I can understand how important it is to let them know that there are bad people out there. One thing I plan on doing is getting a friend of mine that they don't know and testing the kids to see if they would accept a ride, candy, help me find a puppy, whatever nonsense I could think of. You'll never know if they completely understand until they are met with the act of it happening. I've seen videos of parents letting someone test there kids and the kids would get played and the parents would come in bewildered that the kids did exactly what they told them not to.
FCoDxDart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:37 AM   #23
ArcheryAddict
Ten Point
 
ArcheryAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: McCulloch County
Default

it is really sad to say it and feel bad for doing so, but I can't help it.

I think all pedophiles should be killed. No death row, no ten or more years on the row waiting for appeals.

I really dislike feeling that way but it is what it is.
ArcheryAddict is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #24
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
it is really sad to say it and feel bad for doing so, but I can't help it.

I think all pedophiles should be killed. No death row, no ten or more years on the row waiting for appeals.

I really dislike feeling that way but it is what it is.
Feel the exact same way!!!
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #25
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Not far from where I live 4 girls almost got stolen the other day. I don't know the whole story but I do know I have a 7 year old sister that likes to play outside,ride her bike and normal every day things that every other kid likes to do. If she goes outside when I'm around,I do too. It's sad that you can't have your kids go outside by theirself for fear of some pervert taking them away. I can't say how I really feel on the subject but it makes me mad. And that's putting it mildly. If I ever saw someone attempting to do any such nonsense it wouldn't be good....for them. I'm not saying I'd kill someone because of it. But I'd do my best.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #26
Backwoods101
Pope & Young
 
Backwoods101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Needville
Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
it is really sad to say it and feel bad for doing so, but I can't help it.

I think all pedophiles should be killed. No death row, no ten or more years on the row waiting for appeals.

I really dislike feeling that way but it is what it is.
I couldn't agree more.
Backwoods101 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #27
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

I can't remember the name of it but there's a website where you can see a map of your town or city or wherever you live and see how many registered sex offenders live there. The alarming thing is the town where my mom lives has so many you could play connect the dots. It makes me sick! I hate anyone that would hurt a child. And I don't feel bad about it.

To the OP....You're teaching them right. It's sad they have to worry about it or that they even need to have someone talk to them about that. But they need to know. There's sickos in this world so they need to know how to avoid them. I hope and pray those guys never have to kick and scream or bite anyone. But if they do I hope they bite their nose completely off.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #28
TimH
Pope & Young
 
TimH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cedar Park
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
it is really sad to say it and feel bad for doing so, but I can't help it.

I think all pedophiles should be killed. No death row, no ten or more years on the row waiting for appeals.

I really dislike feeling that way but it is what it is.
Kind of hard to feel any other way especially if you have kids of your own.
TimH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #29
Tower43
Eight Point
 
Tower43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin
Default

There was a prison interview with a child rapist somewhere that I saw, guy talked about how he would abduct a boy off the street and assault him about every two weeks and let him go after a few hours. They said only about 5% got reported to the police. He talked about how easy it was and no one ever really noticed or called the police. This guy did this for years and would intentionally target low income neighborhoods. He was sickening to listen to, and you can't even attempt to follow his thought process for why he did what he did. Some humans are truely broken
Tower43 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #30
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower43 View Post
The stranger kidnapping sexual assault, is much more rare than people think it is compared to 80-90 percent of the time kids are being sexually assaulted by someone you know. Either family, or that guy who "is just so good with kids".

Be more careful of the nice guy who is gaining your trust, that's how this stuff really happens, people are more comfortable thinking its strangers doing this stuff

Sorry for the side track and to the op, yes you were right on
I realize this thread is about stranger danger but this bears repeating. I don't know that the stats are that high, but it is true most of the sexual assault on kids happens in and around the home by aquaintances and family who have access and built trust with the child.

My son knows ONLY mommy and daddy or his pediatrician can touch him in certain places and only if it's for an injury or to check for injury.

The man in the OP may very well have been a father of one of the kids. A father with sick urges who could have your son or daughter over for a sleepover with their child...
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #31
Fishndude
Pope & Young
 
Fishndude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, Texas
Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties
Default

A better way? Of course not. Telling them the truth was perfect. You did good in my opinion. Sugar coating is part of the problem with parenting and some folks these days.
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #32
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Yesterday our school sent out an email stating that at 10am some chucklehead was at the fenceline taking pictures of the kids, and the day before some fool (not sure if it was the same person) was in the bushes watching the kids. Coulda been some kids dad, coulda been a pedo...but in this day and time that's a pretty good way to end up nibbling on the grille of my F150.

So at dinner I explain what happened to my kids. Ages 6, 8, and 9. I shook em up pretty good. We talked about not talking to strangers but also that they need to be aware when out in the front yard and to look out for one another. My boys look out for each other and both look out for their younger sister. Best thing to do is to come inside if they aren't sure; or find a teacher. Be on the lookout for people who pass by the house more than once and cars that slow down or roll down their window.

I've also told them that if anyone ever grabs them to bite the **** outta the person. Bite em in the face, poke the eyes, scream STRANGER as loud as possible, and that no amount of violence is wrong if someone is trying to grab them. I don't care if it's some 86 year old grandma with a walker, I'd rather deal with the lawsuit after my kid bit her top lip off and blinded her than the risk of the alternative.

So, obviously it took a while to settle them down for bed. Afterwards, I got to wondering if there is a better way or anything else we need to teach them. So, if y'all have any suggestions I'm all ears. Ears. Oh yeah I told them to bite those too, shake like a dog, and tear em off if they could. Just hold them off until daddy, his dog, and his shotgun could get there to help them.


Nope you did perfect. There are evil people in this world and it doesn't need to be sugar coated. They shouldn't be scared to go outside or anything but they do need to hear the truth.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #33
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
it is really sad to say it and feel bad for doing so, but I can't help it.

I think all pedophiles should be killed. No death row, no ten or more years on the row waiting for appeals.

I really dislike feeling that way but it is what it is.


I'm in favor of "dead offenders" instead of "repeat offenders"
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 01:20 PM   #34
Erin
Eight Point
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Porter, TX
Hunt In: Crockett Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower43 View Post
The stranger kidnapping sexual assault, is much more rare than people think it is compared to 80-90 percent of the time kids are being sexually assaulted by someone you know. Either family, or that guy who "is just so good with kids".

Be more careful of the nice guy who is gaining your trust, that's how this stuff really happens, people are more comfortable thinking its strangers doing this stuff

Sorry for the side track and to the op, yes you were right on
I was going to point this out as well. I know families that have been torn apart by what a retaliative has done to another child. We teach our kids as well as we can that private parts are not to be touched by anyone unless a medical reason comes up and Mommy or Daddy are there.

My daughter is 6 and I tell her all the time that it takes a split second for someone to grab her. She likes to stray away in public and gets really upset when I get on to her for it. We've had the stranger talk several times, even this year at Bownanza. You just never know who could walk up. I've told her to scream, run and fight as hard as she can. Teaching her how to fight is something we need to work on too.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #35
OPC Patrick
Ten Point
 
OPC Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Waxahachie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Police were called but the person had already left the area. A description of the man was included with the email from the school. White male, mid 30's, long hair, type of clothing. Coulda been a kid's dad, coulda been someone bad. Minivan mom patrol was out in force this morning!
Could be an investigator for a divorce attorney seeing what dad sent them to school wearing. Ask me how I know.
OPC Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #36
Nova
Ten Point
 
Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Hunt In: All over the Piney Woods
Default

I have no advice. My kids no the dangers and I am still the paranoid dad that will not let his kids go to the rest room in a store or restaurant by themselves. Never know what may be lurking in there. I see you kids (even young girls)all the time that are alone in stores or restrooms unsupervised by anyone. I pray they don't become a statistic but I try to keep better tabs on mine than that.
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #37
jwood02
Four Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Honey Grove
Default

This is why my son and daughter are second degree black belts. Yes it is a great base for defense, but the school we go to has ground and pound nights where rules go out the window to train for actual fights. Also one of the instructors teaches pressure points and matches the kids up with adults so they know how to take them down. My 10 year old knows how to put me on my knees and I couldn't be prouder.

OP- great job making your kids aware!
jwood02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com