Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 garden thread

It better not freeze anymore...
    Tomato transplants are in the ground. Cucumber, okra, and squash are just starting to peek out. Pepper buckets are back outside too. They already have new growth leaves starting to appear.

i'm in the same boat. gonna wait till march to plant corn though. good luck.

Comment

I got all my seeds started inside this year. got some heirloom tomatoes, peppers, Brussels sprouts, corn, beets, carrots, buttercrunch lettuce (going to try to do some indoors)

Comment

We always have a freeze in March though!

Comment

I'm holding off another couple weeks.

Comment

Third week in march for me.

Comment

2016 garden thread

I'm holding out for warm weather crops. However, potatoes went in ground a few weeks ago.

Comment

Disced up 800 sq ft this yr. Got my seeds going inside as of today. Plant in two weekends I think.

Comment

I've got potatoes, onions and carrots in the ground. Strawberries are coming back and I planted raspberries and blackberries on the fence. I'll give it a few more weeks on the late freeze before I plant the rest.

Comment

I am missing my garden. The house just does not have the room for a garden and 2 large dogs.

Comment

All the local weather prognosticators are saying we will not have another freeze around Austin. I have enough old blankets to cover everything just in case it does.

Comment

My seeds are starting to poke out a little. Hope to plant them in the next couple weeks but need to rent a tiller

Comment

I got half of mine planted and the other half will go in this weekend, hopefully.

Comment

Onions and potatoes in the ground...waiting until Good Friday or first week of April to plant the remaining to avoid any late freeze.

Comment

Started seeds in house last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X