Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
JayKen86
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico, Colorado county, Washington county, Colorado
Default Divorce help

Honestly I just need somebody to talk to. All of my friends are single and have no kids so I really can't reach out to them. If anyone on here is willing to listen to me or offer advice that has been through it, it would be greatly appreciated. Pm me
JayKen86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #2
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

PM sent. There are also a lot of threads on this. The advice will range from "I am Lord of my manor and all shall bow before my greatness, divorce isn't an option." to "It's all my fault that my spouse did everything they did". You'll just have to apply what advice you are given and how it may or may not mirror your situation. Prayers sent. The thing everyone can agree on is, they suck.
Graysonhogs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
reconman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere, Anytime

Cajun Blake is a great resource for talking to folks around here. I have used him more than once when I needed advice or just a friend who knows what Im going through. I would reach out to him....
reconman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
CoolArrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Starr county

I haven't been through it. But will pray for your family. God bless
CoolArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 01:45 PM   #5
JayKen86
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico, Colorado county, Washington county, Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconman View Post
Cajun Blake is a great resource for talking to folks around here. I have used him more than once when I needed advice or just a friend who knows what Im going through. I would reach out to him....
Blake has already reached out helped with another very serious issue of mine. I hate to ask too much of him.
JayKen86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 01:45 PM   #6
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

Beat way to get over one is to get under another one.

Truth.
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #7
oldag1986
Four Point

Hunt In: Smith co.

Div since 99
oldag1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #8
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKen86 View Post
Blake has already reached out helped with another very serious issue of mine. I hate to ask too much of him.
He is as solid as they come...I wouldn't hesitate to ping him.

Best of luck & stay strong for the kids.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #9
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKen86 View Post

I don't care if you got crabs, syphillis, or diarrhea ... call me anytime as I'm here to help a brother out

send me a PM if interested
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #10
Buckshot-73
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whitney and Glen Rose

You will not find anyone more willing to help a brother out than Mr. Blake.
Buckshot-73 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2015, 08:09 PM   #11
JVANS74
Eight Point

Hunt In: brown and gillispie county

Praying for you and your family
JVANS74 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #12
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas

Praying for you and your family. I'm on all night tonight through Wednesday. Pm me and I'll give you my number, I'll listen.
savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #13
MitchParker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I get an invite

Haven't been married (or divorced) but am a counselor. Shoot me a pm if you want someone to chat with.
MitchParker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #14
ted_kennedys_liver
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Caldwell and Cass Counties

I have went through the worst two and a half years of absolute hell. Those that know the details swear it's the worst they have ever heard of. Can't go into details but brother it was bad. I could have put down half on an average sized home. Every other Sunday is a day I dread because that is when I have to drive my daughter back to her mother and listen to her repeatedly tell me she didn't want to go. I then come back to see an empty chair at her table. It can destroy a man. I know it sounds bad but I rather relive my dad passing every day than have to endure this pain on a daily basis. My support group was very small and definitely found out who my true friends were. Even had some abandon me in the course of it.

Point I am making is that it is survivable. I certainly didn't think so. The pain of missing your child never goes away but you get numb to the pain and learn to accept what it is after you have fought for your daughter and spent every dime you have and then some. Keep busy is the best advice I can give you. Learning not to dwell on things is very hard and remains a work in progress. You are not alone in this. Many on here can relate and are here for you. I have a long way to go and don't even recall what normal is like any more. I don't want to come across as if I have conquered all of these things. It takes time. You hang in there and know you are not alone in this. Prayers up for you.
ted_kennedys_liver is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #15
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Melvin TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
Beat way to get over one is to get under another one.

Truth.
^^ This and fishing .
I'm happy to chat, or listen. Pm sent
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 05:51 AM   #16
stickman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_kennedys_liver View Post
I have went through the worst two and a half years of absolute hell. Those that know the details swear it's the worst they have ever heard of. Can't go into details but brother it was bad. I could have put down half on an average sized home. Every other Sunday is a day I dread because that is when I have to drive my daughter back to her mother and listen to her repeatedly tell me she didn't want to go. I then come back to see an empty chair at her table. It can destroy a man. I know it sounds bad but I rather relive my dad passing every day than have to endure this pain on a daily basis. My support group was very small and definitely found out who my true friends were. Even had some abandon me in the course of it.

Point I am making is that it is survivable. I certainly didn't think so. The pain of missing your child never goes away but you get numb to the pain and learn to accept what it is after you have fought for your daughter and spent every dime you have and then some. Keep busy is the best advice I can give you. Learning not to dwell on things is very hard and remains a work in progress. You are not alone in this. Many on here can relate and are here for you. I have a long way to go and don't even recall what normal is like any more. I don't want to come across as if I have conquered all of these things. It takes time. You hang in there and know you are not alone in this. Prayers up for you.
We had very similar experiences. It is survivable but it's tough. It's been 10 years and Even to this day it hurts not to see my daughter every day. Listen to this advice ^^^ above and things will work out.
stickman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 06:53 AM   #17
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Prayer up for you and your family. No advise on the divorce as I have not been married but I will say lean on the Lord and he will see you through this.
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 07:07 AM   #18
Beargrasstx
Eight Point

Hunt In: Leon County, Robertson County, and Limestone County....Montana-Colorado

Went through it a year ago if you need to bend an ear
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #19
OPC Patrick
Ten Point

I am now 15 months into my divorce. I filed on her and have custody of my two sons, but she is fighting tooth and nail to get them back. Her family is trying to out spend me in court, they have called CPS with false claims, I won the judgement of the social study and now they are getting really desperate and now slandering me with false claims of physical violence. Its scary what some people will do. I will say my goal is to be a very active and positive co-parent however it is really tough at times while going through the process. At this point I just want it over, but I'm not going to give up on my boys to do it. If you need someone to talk to PM me. Get a good lawyer, document everything, don't go stupid (its hard at times) but they will use that against you in a heart beat. You job is to be level headed through the entire process.
OPC Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 09:27 AM   #20
Bowhunter1994
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman View Post
We had very similar experiences. It is survivable but it's tough. It's been 10 years and Even to this day it hurts not to see my daughter every day. Listen to this advice ^^^ above and things will work out.

Spot on
Bowhunter1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #21
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_kennedys_liver View Post

I went through 3yrs of hell and spent 200k in Attnorney fee's. It really jaded my view on marriage and Frankly doubt I will ever go that route again.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #22
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Sad deal. Prayers up

Divorce is RARELY the answer. Marriage takes work and its sad that 50% of marriages end in divorce

HOpefully you get your other issues fixed as I can only imagine that is part of the problem
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 10:29 AM   #23
ted_kennedys_liver
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Caldwell and Cass Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I went through 3yrs of hell and spent 200k in Attnorney fee's. It really jaded my view on marriage and Frankly doubt I will ever go that route again.
Amen.
ted_kennedys_liver is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #24
czechgrubworm
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
I don't care if you got crabs, syphillis, or diarrhea ... call me anytime as I'm here to help a brother out

send me a PM if interested
True man right that with a heart of compassion and love.. Glad to know this man personally..
czechgrubworm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #25
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechgrubworm View Post
True man right that with a heart of compassion and love.. Glad to know this man personally..

Blake is such a great guy and has helped many on TBH in tough times including me.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top