Paranormal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
    Supposedly there were lawsuits involved and it was a big mess after some "hauntings/poltergeist" activity back when Newport was first being developed. Some of the original houses were on a street called Poppets Way. one of the original owners started excavating for an in ground swimming pool and some graves were dug up. Supposed to have been an old slave graveyard. The house we rented while our new one was being built was one road over from Poppets Way.
    just googled it and found these

The house, according to Google Streetview, May 2011 803 Poppet's Way, Crosby, Texas:  This address, located within the Newport subdiv...

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2009/08/0...-hope-cemetery
    Sounds like Poltergeist.

Comment

Oh. Heck. To. The. Naw. Y’all!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love how this thread pops up around this time every year. Keep them coming. And, um, I'm never going to Crosby again.

Comment

Sleep paralysis is the closest thing I've ever experienced. Waking up not able to move and feeling like somebody is in the room/hovering over you isn't a very fun feeling.

Comment

I have family in Crosby. Need to ask em if they know about this stuff

Comment

Keep the stories coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Everything "paranormal" is not frightening. Sometimes it can be just the opposite.

My Grandmother was a very warm and loving person. She sacrificed her whole life to do the best she could for her family and always put others first. Her faith in God was as strong as it gets.
                My Grandfather, unlike her, was an atheist and not the warm caring soul that she was.

She died of a heart attack in her late 80's, and several years later he was stricken with cancer throughout his body. When his end was near, he held onto life for many days and even said he was afraid to die. The doctor said his will to live was "as strong as he had ever seen".

When the family gathered at the hospital to say goodbye to him, each took turns going into his room while others waited in the hallway. My Aunt and Uncle went in and were sitting with him when a young woman dressed in white entered the room and went to his side. They both moved away from my Grandfather and let her hold his hand and talk to him. She calmly told him he had nothing to fear and that he could let go of this life...that a better place awaited him.
                My Aunt and Uncle looked away for a moment, and when they looked back the woman was gone. So was my Grandfather.

They went out into the hall and asked the rest of the family who that young woman was that had come into the room. Everyone said that no one had entered after them. It was then that they realized the woman was my Grandmother...as beautiful as she was in her youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                  Everything "paranormal" is not frightening. Sometimes it can be just the opposite.

My Grandmother was a very warm and loving person. She sacrificed her whole life to do the best she could for her family and always put others first. Her faith in God was as strong as it gets.
                  My Grandfather, unlike her, was an atheist and not the warm caring soul that she was.

She died of a heart attack in her late 80's, and several years later he was stricken with cancer throughout his body. When his end was near, he held onto life for many days and even said he was afraid to die. The doctor said his will to live was "as strong as he had ever seen".

When the family gathered at the hospital to say goodbye to him, each took turns going into his room while others waited in the hallway. My Aunt and Uncle went in and were sitting with him when a young woman dressed in white entered the room and went to his side. They both moved away from my Grandfather and let her hold his hand and talk to him. She calmly told him he had nothing to fear and that he could let go of this life...that a better place awaited him.
                  My Aunt and Uncle looked away for a moment, and when they looked back the woman was gone. So was my Grandfather.

They went out into the hall and asked the rest of the family who that young woman was that had come into the room. Everyone said that no one had entered after them. It was then that they realized the woman was my Grandmother...as beautiful as she was in her youth.
                  That gave me chills...

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGeek View Post
                    That gave me chills...
                    Yep. Big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post

Wow, great read...

Comment

Bump for anyone else to chime in before Halloween.

Comment

I got nothing else to report from my work, check game cam everyday and nothing to report. I get a lot of pics of nothing, just a little movement in objects that could be the air vents. Still only one ghost to report from years past.

Comment

The grandfather story from above reminds me of something my aunt told me when I was around 12. My great grandmother on my moms side died before I was old enough to remember her. My great grandfather married again and his new wife did some remodeling to their house. Two of my aunt's have each claimed to see my great grandmother in the house after she died. One of those times she was sweeping the floor in the living room, which is humorous because the new wife had put carpet over the living room floor where there had been wood when she was alive.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                              I got nothing else to report from my work, check game cam everyday and nothing to report. I get a lot of pics of nothing, just a little movement in objects that could be the air vents. Still only one ghost to report from years past.

How far up the thread is the story of your ghost at work?

Comment

I’ll share this little story in honor of my mom & dad’s memories. Lost her last year to cancer and then dad earlier this year. Mom told of the time back in the ‘60’s when she and dad hadn’t been married very long. Dad wanted to show her some of the ranches where he had permission to hunt and fish on for many years. During one of his hunts he came across something unusual in a dry creek bed. He knew that certain folks hid things way out in remote locations and suspected what he had found was a marker for possibly something of value. Dad said there were no houses back then in that area for many miles. He saw no tire tracks or evidence of a vehicle anywhere. You could only get to that location on foot. As was previously mentioned, this was back in the 1960’s.

Dad drove mom out to the edge of this one remote ranch and parked the car. From there they had to walk maybe a couple miles to get to a trail that led to the dry creek bed. It was just starting to get dark by the time they reached the creek. Dad tried to find the marker he had spotted a week or less before. It was now gone. Someone had been out there again and had removed it. Dad was a woodsman and had hunted & fished those ranches with his own father since dad was a little boy. He knew exactly where that marker was at previously. There was no mistaking it was definitely gone. There hadn’t been any rain to flood the creek and sweep things away.

Mom mentioned to dad how she’d like to get on back to their car and leave. Dad agreed and so they began the walk back. It was now completely dark outside and no moon. He knew well enough to bring a rifle and extra ammo. It was a still night with no wind and the leaves had already dropped from the trees. I believe mom said that it wasn’t until they got to the large meadow that she heard footsteps to their right. There was a tree line with an old fence in that direction. Dad heard the footsteps too. It was walking parallel to them and you could hear the leaves crunching as it walked. Each time when they stopped walking to listen and watch, it would stop. Once they would start walking, it would as well. They could see in that direction but there wasn’t any obvious figure of a person or anything else visible.

Dad told mom to walk out into the middle of the meadow so that if whatever or whoever charged them, he’d have a better chance of shooting it with the rifle. Mom told me she was never so scared in her life. This was miles and miles from any house or town. She felt like whatever it was, was out to kill them. It had followed them for more than a mile. They finally managed to get back to the car and get the heck out of there for good. Dad never went back out there again. Mom said that the fence line/tree line ,where the whatever had been following them, ran at a diagonal angle to where their car was parked. That means that the large meadow narrowed up in that direction, putting the tree line closer to the car. Even at a shorter distance away, they both still couldn’t see anyone or anything there as it followed them. Every step it took, they could still hear the leaves crunching. This is a truthful story that was told by both my parents. They didn’t lie. Neither of them drank, used drugs, or anything else.
                                Last edited by Pigpiggy; 10-29-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X