Browning BBR .257 Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning BBR .257 Roberts

Didn’t know much about these rifles, stumbled upon one yesterday. Did a little research and found out they preceded the A-bolt’s and only made for a few years. If anyone here’s is a fan of these and are located in south Texas I know where ones located in Corpus. Considered snagging it myself but decided to pass.

Just thought it was a cool find. It’s a heavy gun and the bolt lugs on this thing are crazy.

How much is it going for?

Comment

Not about the gun per say, but do you have any gun stores in Corpus you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a lot on the high side I’d say. Believe the tag says $900
        Only reason I even looked at it was the guy said .257

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
          Not about the gun per say, but do you have any gun stores in Corpus you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I’m not really familiar with the stores here. Just moved down. I did have one place mount a scope for me and install a trigger but after the tone the guy had and the partial job they did on the scope mounting I’m not gonna make a recommendation

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
            Didn’t know much about these rifles, stumbled upon one yesterday.
            Just thought it was a cool find. It’s a heavy gun and the bolt lugs on this thing are crazy.
            pretty sure the BBR had 9 bolt lugs which was a copy of the Weatherby MkV. The theory was more lugs = greater strength, and you have a shorter bolt throw

Comment

Sounds about par to what I read up on them last night Blake. Didn’t find a lot of info on them though. It was a pretty gnarly looking bolt that’s for sure

Comment

Don't know if the BBR was affected, but on any older Browning I'd remove the action to check for underlying rust caused by a salt-cured stock.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post
                  Don't know if the BBR was affected, but on any older Browning I'd remove the action to check for underlying rust caused by a salt-cured stock.

Stu
                  Stu

The BBR’s were made in Japan as the salt wood stocks were made by FN in Belgium. The BBR stock also has an aluminum block inletted and bedded in the forearm. Crazy design for the early 70’s as Browning was definitely ahead of the game. The BBR is an excellent, accurate rifle ... only negative is you can’t find replacement parts b/c these rifles were only made for 5-6 yrs. An extractor or ejector break and you’re SOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    Stu

The BBR’s were made in Japan as the salt wood stocks were made by FN in Belgium. The BBR stock also has an aluminum block inletted and bedded in the forearm. Crazy design for the early 70’s as Browning was definitely ahead of the game. The BBR is an excellent, accurate rifle ... only negative is you can’t find replacement parts b/c these rifles were only made for 5-6 yrs. An extractor or ejector break and you’re SOL
                    Cool, I don't know Brownings well, but had heard of the salt issue on older ones. I bow to your encyclopedic knowledge, Sir!

Stu

Comment

Working...
                    X