No announcement yet.

2016 garden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put potatoes in last night. Gonna start the seed stuff this weekend. Gonna wait another week or 2 for peppers, toms etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Planted some purple sugarcane two weeks ago. Will plant heirloom tomato's and squash seeds inside tomorrow to get them started. Plan to plant after springbreak or first weekend in April. Small garden as we never pick anything .............but it looks good!!!
      Where did you get your sugar cane to plant? I have been wanting to plant some.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
        Awesome thanks
        This is what it should look like after I plant it.

Comment

I like the strawberry tower. My morning work plan is to mulch the strawberry/blue berry bed. This looks better

Comment

seed starting. got some buttercrunch lettuce coming up
            Attached Files

Comment

Got my soil tests back last week. Bought the recommended fertilizer yesterday and as long as it doesnt rain, ill be tilling this afternoon. After 3 seasons of planting a fairly large garden with the plants spaced wide (6' apart last year), ill be working a much smaller and much tighter patternt this year. Hopefully, planting close together will keep the weeds/grass under control!!

Comment

Originally posted by gvick View Post
                Where did you get your sugar cane to plant? I have been wanting to plant some.
                When I went home for Mardi Gras two weeks ago I found a small patch at Evergreen Plantation! [emoji12]

Comment

When I went home for Mardi Gras two weeks ago I found a small patch at Evergreen Plantation! [emoji12]
                  Did you get any beads? Bwahahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                    Did you get any beads? Bwahahahahahaha!
                    I was actually the one throwing them off the float!!!![emoji3] [emoji23] [emoji12]

Comment

stacked tire potatoes.. start with one tire filled with dirt, plant your potatoes, as they grow, add a tire and fill with straw and dirt. continue as the potatoes clear the last tire. At the end of the season, dump over the whole thing and collect your rewards. Kids love this its like a potato pinata.

Comment

I was actually the one throwing them off the float!!!![emoji3] [emoji23] [emoji12]
                        Lol. That would be my answer too. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                          Lol. That would be my answer too. Lol!
                          Our view turning onto Jackson Avenue this year. Talk about the BEST carnival since Katrina. .....my daughters first ride was EPIC!!![emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Comment

i need to build one of these

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                              i need to build one of these

Built my potato tower out of wire fence

Got onions, beets, beans, radishes, planted.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Got ours all ready to go. I brought in 1 1/4 tons of organic compost and a ton of organic mulch one wheelbarrow load at a time for ours. Everything started from organic heirloom seed and ready to transplant when the Almanac says it's time.

Comment

Working...
                                X