Tankless vs 6 gallon tank type water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tankless vs 6 gallon tank type water heater

I’ve remodeled my detached garage into a utility kitchen for Lindy to do our vegetable canning in. It has two sinks for separating vegetables, and washing pots and pans, and will be used 1-2 days a week, primarily through the summer canning season. I’ve been leaning towards a Bosch tankless water heater, or a tank type 6 gallon water heater. 120 volt. Input would be appreciated. Sorry for the sentence and paragraph structure, as I haven’t figured out how to do it properly on my phone.

I would normally say that canning does not require endless hot water supply.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
      I would normally say that canning does not require endless hot water supply.

Been canning vegetables for lots of years, and I agree. BUT, don’t know anything about these “on demand” water heaters. Asking for pros and cons.

Comment

Had both liked both. For this application I would go with a 10-12 g 110v. If you already have the 6g I’d use it.

Comment

Hard water, tank type for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by scarecrow View Post
            Had both liked both. For this application I would go with a 10-12 g 110v. If you already have the 6g I’d use it.
            Don’t have either. Need to purchase a water heater. Space is limited to the 6 gallon tank type, or the on demand tankless. Talk me out of the tankless.

Comment

I've had mine in my house for 12 year's it's been great. Tankless that is.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

check the Stiebel 2.5 gal water heaters, they have much better reviews that the Bosch and are usually less, made in Germany

Comment

I'd go tankless since you won't be using it daily it will be more efficient. No sense in keeping water hot 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you will only be using it a couple days a week

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I would get the tank type and just unplug it , when you won’t be using it for several days. Won’t take that long to heat back up, prior to u needing it.

Comment

We had a small tankless heater in the bathroom at work. Hot water instantly but when you would turn on the cold water to wash your hands the heater would shut off. Not sure if there was a water flow problem or not but we took it out and put a 6 gallon tank type in and never had a problem after that.

Comment

Tankless, especially for that smaller space. You can get good 110 unit at Home Depot. Good luck shopping.

Comment

If you only have electric, I would stay away from tankless. I use a 6 gallon at my deer lease and you can only about run a sink full of hot water and rinse dishes once before waiting for a while for it to re-heat. I would look at something a little bigger in tank design if you want more than washing the occasional dishes.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              I’ve remodeled my detached garage into a utility kitchen for Lindy to do our vegetable canning in. It has two sinks for separating vegetables, and washing pots and pans, and will be used 1-2 days a week, primarily through the summer canning season. I’ve been leaning towards a Bosch tankless water heater, or a tank type 6 gallon water heater. 120 volt. Input would be appreciated. Sorry for the sentence and paragraph structure, as I haven’t figured out how to do it properly on my phone.

You got an "A".

Comment

Working...
                              X