No announcement yet.

Anyone here from Hico texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been here 15 years. Not a born/raised local. I have no dog in the fight on the Billy the Kid if it’s true or not. It’s a draw for tourist dollars. We are right on 6/281 so we get a lot of travel traffic. We are a small town with our share of low income family’s. The school where me/wife work is the biggest employer. Talking to people who grew up here I have not seen any evidence of the KKK since I’ve lived in this area. Yes we have our “interesting” locals that prob make strangers scratch their head. Overall there are a lot of nice/good people here. I would gladly raise my kids in this “weird” little town as opposed to the big cities a lot of you live in. If your into cookoffs come to the Texas Steak Cookoff in May.
    Last edited by skeeteroneal; 02-16-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
      Beg to differ. I hunted in Hico for year on the Harcrow Ranch. Racheal Harcrow grew up in Hico and she tells the story differently. She and the other kids growing up tell a story of Brushy Bill Roberts that use to tell stories to the kids that only Billy The Kid would know. She remembers the day he died. Most of the residents in Hico at the time knew who Brushy Bill was. They just let him live in peace. Believe what you will. I believe Racheal.
      ...and how would one know that?

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
      I grew up in the gap and had cousins in hock. Spent lots of time there. Koffee Kup is a good spot
      Is that Cranfill's or Buffalo?

Comment

I'm guessing the only difference between Hico and Goldthwaite is the distance to the metroplex. I no longer know about 1/2 of the people I see in our little town. Time changes every thing. We do have a drug problem. Mostly Meth.

Comment

My buddy is from hico. I like it out there

Comment

I live in Granbury,
            Want to clarify, not trying to be difficult, Jesse James is not buried here. He’s from missouri and buried in Missouri.
            Elizabeth Crockett is buried in Acton, the north side of Granbury.

Comment

Young guns was on last night. Had to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Nope. Billy is buried in a grave at Fort Sumner, NM. Was there Super Bowl weekend. I'll get you a souvenir when I'm back out there in July.
                Billy was born in NY, and went all over the SW. Yes you are correct on burial. Not sure how Hico claims him? Maybe he peeeded on one of their downtown trees.

Comment

Working...
                X