This is the idiocy we have to deal with on the TP&W commision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    To medgar and carp are trash fish. Kill em all.

Gary
    Sometimes to make your case, it's just best to let the other party say something to make it for you. Thank you for that Gary. I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
      Sometimes to make your case, it's just best to let the other party say something to make it for you. Thank you for that Gary. I rest my case.

Yup. The irony of ignorant, entitled and honestly infantile beliefs like his and people who believe there are species that deserve to be wiped out are that they are only possible due to the hard work and effort of people who do understand ecology and know the role that all species play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh give me a break. We trashed the ecology and environment issues a long time ago introducing species and damming up rivers. The est now is just which pet species you pick to defend. Personally I'd rather see mor bass, crappie and catfish and fewer gar.

Gary

Comment

MR. MYERS: Female Alligator Gar at Falcon were sexually mature as early as age five. At age seven, all the females we collected were mature and at age seven fish in Falcon, females, average about six feet in length. Sexual maturity was age three for males, and age three males averaged about four feet.

Also in 2014, the Commission gave the Executive Director authority to issue an emergency order for the closure of fishing/taking Alligator Gar on the Trinity during certain spawning times. It has only been used ONCE since 2014.
          Last edited by Hot4huntin; 02-17-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Of course there is not a single gator gar in that pic.

Yes there is. Stevie Wonder could see the two at the bottom of the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
              Yes there is. Stevie Wonder could see the two at the bottom of the pic.
              Those are not alligator gar sir. Common error..

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                Crap like this burns my butt as well. Thats why its against the law to dump them like that. Making bowfishing illegal because someone violated the law doesnt make sense to me.

All that said....Not a single alligator gar in that video either.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Those are not alligator gar sir. Common error..
                  Either way gar is delicious and it's a shame to waste it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    Either way gar is delicious and it's a shame to waste it like that.
                    This. Garfish balls are excellent.

Comment

Webinar in less than 1 week. Hoping we'll have plenty of TBH'ers chime in on the commission's unfounded prejudice against bows.

Comment

Everyone planning on putting in their $.02 during the webinar, Wednesday?

Comment

Bump. We need to speak up tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            Because of the quantity shot on each.

All the gar guides at an uproar here should move to falcon where all the gar are!
                            And kill them all!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                              So bow fishing for alligator gar should be stopped because (even though their numbers are currently in no danger) they might be some day. Sounds like they agree with banning imported polar bear trophies because global warming might cause them to be endangered some day.

Not to mention that it's ok for anglers to catch and release trophy gar even though most gar caught on a line have to swallow the hook and will probably die after release.
                              Now that is well said sir!!!

Comment

TPWD Facebook Live Webinar 12-1 today to discuss proposed Fishing Regulation, including Alligator Gar.

Other event in Austin, TX by Inland Fisheries Panhandle District - Texas Parks and Wildlife and 18 others on Wednesday, February 27 2019 with 236 people interested and 48 people going.

Comment

Working...
                                X