Help Me Pick a 2022 Elk Outfitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me Pick a 2022 Elk Outfitter

I have done some searching on here, but have seen many recent posts looking for the same hunt that I am wanting. I am wanting to go ahead and get on the books for some prime dates for 2022 if possible. It is common to see guys make a post looking for a hunt and the follow up response is, "we need more info". So, I will try to explain what I am wanting in this hunt.

-Archery hunt during the prime time for bulls to be bugling

-Not picky on state as long as I wont need lots of preference points

-Great Chance at 300"+ type bulls

-Not really looking for the most rugged tough backcountry hunt you can find either. Prefer to come back after a days hunt to a hot shower and warm bed
    (call me whatever you want here lol)

-Not set on the budget. I will pay more for a hunt that offers really good bulls though. I am thinking I can find a good hunt for the $7500 range??

-Still keeping an open mind to large high fences operations as long as it is large acreage, and they are good at getting it done with a bow. So, don't be afraid to mention one of those places.

I appreciate any info here guys. Happy Thursday!

New Mexico is where I would be looking with landowner tags. But $7500 is on the low end.

GoHunt has a page dedicated to reputable guides in all western states. If I was looking for a hunt like you describe, I would start there.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Little bit out of my price range...

Comment

Anyone on here done any Canada elk hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
            Little bit out of my price range...
            $6K....Keep reading

Comment

You can shoot a very nice bull way over 300" at Broadmouth Canyon for a high fence hunt. They have 5,000 acre high fence ranch in Utah and the same in Idaho. 5,000 acres doesn't seem like that much acreage but once you are in the mountains, it is a pretty darn good chunk of land.

There are certainly low fence operations that would give you a great shot at it but you are still hunting low fence. It takes a lot to end up with a bull in 5/7 days of hunting with archery gear. I have been super lucky and had 2 successful hunts out of 3 archery elk hunts (1 was high fence). I am actually going back this year to the operation that I was unsuccessful at in 2018. If it ends up being a good hunt, I will certainly let you know more details.
              Last edited by TildenHunter; 02-27-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Why would you want to shoot a high fence elk at those prices.
                Get a PP this coming summer and another in the next summer and apply for a general elk tag in Wyoming.
                Some great outfitters in general areas that charge about what you want to spend or less. Some private land hunts in general areas that will be awesome. Look at outfitters in Saratoga , Wy. Spur and WyCon do private land hunts in general areas that have great harvest results, Tyler Simms also has great hunts and the lodging you are looking for.
                Come on up and do a real elk hunt.
                The only 300" guarantee you'll find is a high fence hunt.

Comment

I have done some searching on here, but have seen many recent posts looking for the same hunt that I am wanting. I am wanting to go ahead and get on the books for some prime dates for 2022 if possible. It is common to see guys make a post looking for a hunt and the follow up response is, "we need more info". So, I will try to explain what I am wanting in this hunt.

-Archery hunt during the prime time for bulls to be bugling

-Not picky on state as long as I wont need lots of preference points

-Great Chance at 300"+ type bulls

-Not really looking for the most rugged tough backcountry hunt you can find either. Prefer to come back after a days hunt to a hot shower and warm bed
                  (call me whatever you want here lol)

-Not set on the budget. I will pay more for a hunt that offers really good bulls though. I am thinking I can find a good hunt for the $7500 range??

-Still keeping an open mind to large high fences operations as long as it is large acreage, and they are good at getting it done with a bow. So, don't be afraid to mention one of those places.

I appreciate any info here guys. Happy Thursday!

Look into SevenJ Outfitters in Sundance Wyoming. I don't recall their Elk prices offhand, but they have a website with all that info there. I think it's in the 5500 range or close to with meals and lodging. I am hunting with them for a Whitetail hunt this September. Tags are draw system, but from what the owner told me, they have not had any hunters apply in their unit NOT get drawn in the last 23 years and in the chance you don't get drawn, you get a refund or can push the deposit to the following year.

I have heard great things about this outfitter and several TV personalities return every single year so it's got to be worth something.

If our whitetail hunt turns out like we hope, our group will return for Mule Deer or Pronghorn then Elk each year instead of paying for a lease.

EDIT: well, i was low on the first guess price. Its a little north of $6,000. But its all private land unless you choose a spike camp on public. https://www.sevenjoutfitters.com/prices.html
                  Last edited by bloodstick; 02-27-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

You might want to check with Tim Baraclough at Kiowa Hunting Services in NM. He might have what you’re looking for. (575-445-9330) I only did a rifle cow hunt with him but we went 4 for 4 on cows.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                      Why would you want to shoot a high fence elk at those prices.
                      Get a PP this coming summer and another in the next summer and apply for a general elk tag in Wyoming.
                      Some great outfitters in general areas that charge about what you want to spend or less. Some private land hunts in general areas that will be awesome. Look at outfitters in Saratoga , Wy. Spur and WyCon do private land hunts in general areas that have great harvest results, Tyler Simms also has great hunts and the lodging you are looking for.
                      Come on up and do a real elk hunt.
                      The only 300" guarantee you'll find is a high fence hunt.
                      PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                        You can shoot a very nice bull way over 300" at Broadmouth Canyon for a high fence hunt. They have 5,000 acre high fence ranch in Utah and the same in Idaho. 5,000 acres doesn't seem like that much acreage but once you are in the mountains, it is a pretty darn good chunk of land.

There are certainly low fence operations that would give you a great shot at it but you are still hunting low fence. It takes a lot to end up with a bull in 5/7 days of hunting with archery gear. I have been super lucky and had 2 successful hunts out of 3 archery elk hunts (1 was high fence). I am actually going back this year to the operation that I was unsuccessful at in 2018. If it ends up being a good hunt, I will certainly let you know more details.
                        PM coming.

Comment

Anyone on here done any Canada elk hunting?
                          Just my two cents, if you are going to Canada, look into Mountain Caribou. I wouldn't go there for elk with all the opportunity out west.

Comment

Bobby Hill Ranch in southern Colorado.

Comment

I know I said this in a pm, but I would be in Montana hunting with Montana Trophy Outfitters in about 2 seconds if I was looking for a great elk hunt. They have big bulls, lots of country, great guides and food, beautiful lodge. The ability to stay in a cabin on the mountain if the elk are a little deeper is nice too.

You won’t find better people than Forrest, will, josh, and devin.

Comment

Working...
                              X