No announcement yet.

Texas - Louisiana, Louisiana - Texas No, No,No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cross it daily. Crossed about an hour ago. Border is wide open, no law dogs in sight.

Comment

I live in Orange and they are not stopping anyone. There were 2 troopers parked at the rest area yesterday side by side talking, that is all I have seen.

I have heard that the sheriff's department has been running La fishermen out of the boat ramps on the south end of Toledo. One was told he would have his truck and trailer towed starting today if they are at the ramp. I am not sure how that would even work out, or if it's even legal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        June at the earliest.
        I could use an easy job during the summer heat

Comment

Has anyone crossed from Louisiana to Texas in the last day or so? The radio said today that they were only stopping vehicles with Louisiana plates. I need to make a trip to Mississippi, but I’m essential here in Austin. I can’t quarantine two weeks.
          I travel across on I20.

Comment

We were told in a meeting at work today they were stopping every fifth vehicle headed west out of La. and questioning them.

Comment

Hopefully the business that relocated to Texas from other states adhere to your and Traildust’s request. Pack everything up and relocate. That would include most oil and gas and chemical companies. Lot of you Texans don’t seem to mind making money at Chevron, Shell, Marathon, etc.
              Chevron, California company. Shell, Houston Texas. Marathon, from Ohio. What's any of this have to do with Louisiana?

You are the one who relocated to Texas.

Comment

I went thru the check point on I 10 by orange today. It was nuts!! Must have been 50 DPS there. Also sherrif CDC and FEMA. Media everywhere. Officer I talked to seemed almost apologetic. Said they were enforcing abbots orders.

I thanked them for what they were doing and told them to stay safe.

Comment

Bump

Comment

We were told in a meeting at work today they were stopping every fifth vehicle headed west out of La. and questioning them.
                    I was at the river at orange monday about noon. They were checking every inbound vehicle. Probably 50 DPS. CDC fEMA. Media everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      I went thru the check point on I 10 by orange today. It was nuts!! Must have been 50 DPS there. Also sherrif CDC and FEMA. Media everywhere. Officer I talked to seemed almost apologetic. Said they were enforcing abbots orders.

I thanked them for what they were doing and told them to stay safe.
                      I pass through every day. I don't thank them. I ask them how they feel about violating the the rights of the citizens in direct conflict of the oath they took.

"IN THE NAME AND BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, I, , do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God."

Their standard answer is "please keep the line moving"
                      You can tell they ain't too proud of it. They just about hanging their heads.

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Anybody crossing from La to Tx west of Leesville? Are they checking there?

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                            I crossed there on Friday. From Texas to LA. I didn't see anything there.

Comment

Texas - Louisiana, Louisiana - Texas No, No,No

Originally posted by elgato View Post

All stations went active Sunday morning...yes there is one on SH 63 when you cross the Sabine from LA 8...

Comment

Can someone tell me exactly what I need as a La. resident , to enter Texas without the 14 day quarantine. I have an essential service to accomplish in Texas and will be entering/departing the same day.

I can get a statement on a Texas business letterhead identifying my essential service. Will that work. What does work?

Appreciate any help.

Comment

Working...
                                X