Texas Shoot-out 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
    Pray for rain is my signature, I live in West Texas where we are always in drought and cotton fields are never too wet.
    What year did it rain at the Chapparosa? Seams like it sprinkled some last year but it never got muddy.

pray for rain
    The year of the heavy rain, we didn’t hunt it with the shoot out group, Jarred People’s used to run hunts there ( his mom actually) so it was some years back, that we learned to get out of the pastures if it starts to rain.
    Last edited by critter69; 02-05-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I’m headed to the Chaparosa tomorrow morning to hunt javi and pigs. My favorite hunt each year.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
        I’m headed to the Chaparosa tomorrow morning to hunt javi and pigs. My favorite hunt each year.

Well good luck, but leave some for the rest of us. And post up a scouting report when you get back. I could use a few tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
          Good luck

Comment

A crew of 4 will be there. Ready to get some South Texas action!

Comment

Shoot Out

I will be there with my Son. First hunt he made with me in years. This will be my second trip. Hunted last year had a blast. If you see this stop and say Hi. Will be in a white Silverado 2500.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shootout19 campsite.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	24608182

Comment

Pray for rain is my signature, I live in West Texas where we are always in drought and cotton fields are never too wet.
                What year did it rain at the Chapparosa? Seams like it sprinkled some last year but it never got muddy.

pray for rain
                It poured year before last the last night and was a mess. Then the next morning it snowed and sleeted and froze it was a long drive home that day.

Comment

Question for those that have an quad. How much gas do you go thru? I just bought one and not sure how much to bring?

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                    Question for those that have an quad. How much gas do you go thru? I just bought one and not sure how much to bring?
                    I usually burn a tank every two days.

Comment

Thanks 41

Comment

Depends on how far from camp you are hunting, some pastures are a LONG ways from camp.

Comment

hows the cell reception ATT or Verison better?

haven't been since Callahan back in the 1980's no one had a cell phone back then.

Comment

I have version. I camp it was spotty but did have good service where I was hunting.

Comment

Depends on how far from camp you are hunting, some pastures are a LONG ways from camp.

I think I'm 10 miles from camp if the scale on the map is correct.

Comment

I think I'm 10 miles from camp if the scale on the map is correct.
                                Which pasture?

pray for rain

Comment

Working...
                                X