JP spring kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP spring kit

Anyone have experience with the JP reduced yellow spring kit for the AR? Ordered a set. Likely polish the stock trigger group and try the springs to see what it’ll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the trigger spring in my pistol, but not the hammer spring. So far, no light strikes and it turned a standard (sorry) trigger into one that's acceptable. Not like my CMCs or Timneys, but not bad.

Comment

It’s worth the $15. It’s not even in the same ballpark as a good replacement trigger though.

Comment

I have 3 (swapped one out for a drops in). They are awesome if your current trigger is harsh.

Comment

It’ll help a milspec type trigger, polishing will help even more, wont ever be as good as a drop in but much better than the gritty milspecs some factory gun show come with.

Comment

Definitely worth the 15 bucks. Have one with the rock river national match 2 stage trigger. Very nice addition imo

Comment

Thanks. I figured as much. This is a stock PSA mil spec. What’s the springs come in it will get a good polish as well. I want to make this 7 pound monster at least bearable, LOL.

Comment

Since there was a 3 week delay on the LaRue, I tried the JP and it make it lighter but I did have a gritty trigger and polished on it some but to no avail. The LaRue is really nice for the $87.
                Last edited by Roger_Roger; 12-15-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I guess you guys were lucky. I replaced the stock trigger out of my PSA AR with the JP springs and had nothing but no fires. I mean, not even the slightest primer indentation. I was going to replace with the standard PSA stock trigger, but got lucky and caught the CMC Lantec trigger on sale. Outstanding trigger, in my opinion, it's better than the Gieselle trigger in my Colt CRE-18.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I have the PSA Enhanced Polished Trigger with the JP Enhanced Reliabiltiy (Yellow/Red) spring kit. It’s no precision bolt gun trigger, but it’s smooth with a manageable weight. More like an old slicked up S&W fired double action, only lighter.

I have ~ 1,000 rounds through one of the guns, shooting mil spec ammo with hard primers. I’ve had 2 FTF. The first one no one was there to test it, the second one a buddies all factory Daniel Defense couldn’t make it fire, so I blame the ammo. Also, my trigger is better than his.

My Larue MBT that’s going in my longer range AR is sweet though if you don’t mind dropping a Benjamin.

Comment

Polished the trigger group and installed the JP springs last night. Took a creepy 7-8 pound trigger down to a creepy but smooth 4.5 or so. Haven't fired it yet, but so far so good.

Comment

Well, ended up with about 20% fail to fire rate using Frontier 77gr 5.56 ammo. Guess I’ll put the stock hammer spring back in.

Comment

Working...
                        X